Nintendo Wii Appreciation/Collectors Thread

I played Skyward Sword for the first time in 2011, bought a copy on Wii U VC when it was first available there, and finally have my own hard copy. Also got a copy of The Last Story:

1 Like

Two fantastic and imo underrated games!

2 Likes

I agree on SS. Never played Last Story though. I gotta change that some day.

Did you guys use your Wii remotes with the grip? Or did you prefer not to?

At the time, I always used the rubber grip with the remotes, but now, I have to admit, the Wii remote does feel nicer without it.

I was fortunate to grab a Wii at launch so never had the grip! But I did get a grip with the Wii Motion Plus and never liked it, felt like an impediment to me.

Somewhat related: the material on the string tying wrist-strap to my launch Wii Remote was incredibly thin. Something they must have quickly revised as the second remote I picked up at launch used thicker string.

I emailed the local Nintendo distributor and requested both the new wrist strap and the rubber grip thing when they came out because it was free. And I normally used both of them when playing. But yeah when I recently hooked it all up again I removed them both.

Always without… Those things are for protecting LCDs. The wiimote won’t hurt the trinitron.

I don’t know why but I always use the condom. In fact, I was going to order the red one so I can have my Super Mario 25th anniversary wii complete.

In my controller drawer, I feel like the grips make it less likely to press the on button by another controller.

1 Like

The rubber johnny’s make my hands sweat, I prefer to go bareback to be honest especially when playing with it in the horizontal position

2 Likes

We should probably stop posting innuendos… but it’s so hard.

I think we covered it.

1 Like

If I leave the rubber on, I can play a lot longer.

:x

Anyway, my hands never really get that sweaty. I’ve played with enough people over the years to notice how hot and sweaty hands can get when gaming. I just don’t have those type of hands. I even made fun of my wife’s brother because the controller gets super hot. last time we played I brought in a roll of paper towels. He just laughed.

1 Like

Me too. Never liked the rubber grib thing. I think I got one with my copy of Skyward Sword (which came with a bomb-ass Gold Wiimote with Motion Plus built in), but took it off instantly. In fact, it’s probably still in the Skyward Sword box.

This me too. I try not to eat any food that makes a mess when gaming too, so as not to ruin controllers. No orange cheeto dust for me!

1 Like

Never used them.

Just found my photos of the midnight Wii launch

jpg~original

jpg~original

jpg~original

Should only really be for connection/convenience issues. Otherwise the Wii is like the GC. No real quality gain from SCART instead of component because of YUV color limit.

Indeed, it’s just the usual Component > RGB SCART > Composite

I set up my Wii again recently on my 640x480 LCD and it’s amazing to see Wii and GC games in 480p or Component. Best I’ve ever seen them!

1 Like

Just played my first game of Mario Kart Wii in years thanks to www.wiimmfi.de

I love my Wii!

As I’m not part of the PC Engine club, some of the Wii VC ports are great to dabble in the system.
There’s a fix for those titles which only play in 480i.

On scart cables: if you are running any NTSC content through a pal wii over scart, your signal will be black and white.
No known fix.

Just stick to component if possible.

1 Like

The fix for RGB is to use preloader to change region, or force the game to PAL via various methods. I managed to get most of my Japanese games playing on my PVM via RGB this way.

Or buy the Wii dual mod kit like I did and you can use scart or component cables