Panzer Dragoon Orta doesn’t do 480p on my replacement Xbox 😕

Not sure what’s happening. I got an Xbox off eBay that has given me no issues but can’t pkay Panzer Dragoon Orta in 480p. My launch Xbox had no issues playing this in 480p and my replacement Xbox has no trouble running other games in 480p.

It’s only working in 480i which… obviously… sucks. Is there a fix for this?

Edit: link went dead so i updated it, and made an archive of it here: https://archive.vn/Me3Ai

balls

1 Like

Yooo that sucks :frowning:
I didn’t know that was a thing.

I have a 1.6 Xbox. It’s great because the clock capacitor isn’t as big a deal on that model, but you do give up 480p on several games.

@Peltz there is a workaround for Panzer Dragoon Orta 480p on a 1.6 revision Xbox, but you need the original Panzer Dragoon unlocked. Basically if you open the original PD, then exit back to the menu, the 480p will display correctly.

So basically beat the game in 480i, then memorize the button presses needed to enter and exit the original PD so you can do it with garbled 480p graphics, haha.

1 Like

Man…remember when tricks were included in games? Those were the days!

I feel your pain @Peltz. I was swooned by a lovely Crystal Xbox that I realized is 1.6 after purchasing it. Either way, I’m still loving it, but need to pick-up a good ol’ black beauty early revision at some point.

Didn’t know this was a thing, either. Sucky!