PS1 Appreciation/Collectors Thread of Ugly-Ass Polygons

Hey guys, I’m interested in early Namco ps1 games, already have RR, Tekken and Starblade Alpha, but budget is tight, so…

Galáxian 3 or Cybersled?

Einhander is just amazing. Its really something how Square knocked it out of the park the first time. The soundtrack, the mechanical detail of the enemies, even the simple voiced relay of information at the end of a level.

Was it actually developed internally? Also i cant get enough of the soundtrack👍🏽

Never even heard of Galaxian 3, but Cybersled is pretty garbage.

Yes, Einhander was developed in house.

Galaxian 3 was one of those gigantic arcade machines that they brought home. It was peak Namco Arcade craziness.

Apparently square hasn’t forgotten…

The Fei one is already up for preorder on various sites, including official Square online store. Going to be a rare exception in my “no toys and figures” rule. Been breaking that rule more and more over the last year…Damn you amiibo.

So glad I jumped on a copy of Einhander years ago before the price started getting really high. It was a game I rented several times back when it first came out, but definitely something that I like having in my collection now.

Unfortunately I missed the boat on R-type Delta and not willing to bite the bullet on a copy. :frowning:

I bought a copy of Einhander more than 15 years ago for, I think, $20. I remember thinking it was pretty underpriced on the shelf at that time and that I needed to jump on it. Only become more true since then…

The copy i have now, luckily snagged from a thrift store for 4 bucks complete 2 years or so ago. The one i had before, i think i traded to toys r us or something.

I essentially paid the new price when I got mine a couple years ago IIRC. I could’ve bought Einhander for as low as $20 in the past. It always held its value really well. I just finally decided I better snatch one up or it’ll get out of reach like so many other games.

PS1 games are still rather affordable for the most part. Now is the time to make the last stand before things start really getting out of hand because you know they will. As PS3 truly fades into the ether, we lack a way to play this stuff on modern machines. That’s usually the sign that prices will start going up.

Personally love Cybersled, but be aware it’s very short and easy and the multiplayer is rather lacking (forced first-person view with bad framerate)