PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Store Shutdown Countdown and Recommendation Thread - Update: Shutdown Cancelled for Vita and PS3!

Didn’t know of this compilation (or the Capcom Arcade Cabinet one) until earlier this week! That’s a shame. I probably won’t get Capcom Arcade Cabinet on PS3 since it’s part of the current Xbox lineup of BC titles, but I would have gone for Namco Museum Essentials to complement Namco Museum Battle Collection on PSP.

Guys, I think this is actually happening, I went to the “All PS3 Games | Official PlayStation™Store US” site through search to look for PS3 games and all it does is direct me to the PS4/PS5 store and never to the PS3 one…looks like this is the end after all.

Glad I started the process of CFW on an old PS3 Slim last year and got almost everything backed up, including patches. This has majorly soured me on Sony, though, and is likely accelerating my exit from modern gaming completely.

This has been the case since I got my PS3 a month ago. Just my luck huh lol

They’re just forcing us to go the VFW route now basically

I believe the store on the PS3 itself is still active, but that website seems long gone, no matter how many times I go to it I simply can’t access it.

Edit: Just realised this is what @Timu321 was referring to all along!

They said they were closing the web store awhile back but that you could still access it via the console. That was known.

@Timu321 is referring to the workaround that still let you access your old download list of PS3/PSV/PSP content, as well as the old store. That was still operational earlier this week but it’s gone now.

The download list function was still important because it let you queue a download remotely to PS3 or Vita, they really should have migrated it to the new store but instead the oldest content it’ll list dates back to PS4 now.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I meant.

It must have gone round most publisher/development communities by now, since Aquaplus has now removed links to PS3/PSP/PSV game downloads from their website. Falcom still has links but they no longer work. Shouji Masuda made a tweet today asking fans which of three games (LindaCube Again, Gunparade March, Oreshika 1) they’d like him to try and rerelease for 1000 yen.

End of an era for a lot of current works from Japanese developers who never really bothered with PS4 since the Vita was still around for years in ther egion.

Been going through the Japanese ps1 games and some of these covers are amazing. I wish it was a movie.

It’s 100% real guys:

RIP.

Well… that sucks.

I don’t really understand these decisions. I’m paying for PS+. Let me continue to buy games I want to buy. How does PS+ not cover the server costs?

I can’t imagine there is a tremendous expense associated with keeping these servers running.

It’s crazy man. I do wonder about that as well. Guess it’s time to stack up before July 2nd.

That really sucks. I’ve already decided I’m sticking with my PSP for PS One Classics, and luckily if I ever get screwed I can just install CFW and redownload my games.

I guess we can use the 4 or so months to really consolidate what needs to be stocked up on in terms of PS3 content. I’m sure there’s a lot of good stuff and dlc out there.

I would honestly be ready to pay some extra on PS+ to keep these running which in itself is just stupid.

No word on patches, presume I can still get patches for physical (and why not digital) games even after the store closure?

If online is still around then you should be able to get patches.

1 Like

Just learned Carnage Hearts EXA got a digital-only english translation so adding that to my list.

1 Like

It’s crazy that they are only giving us 4 months to get everything we need!

1 Like

Yikes, looks like patches won’t work for Vita games.