RGB High Score Battle! - Week 41 & 42: Metal Slug X

An improvement but I had two dumbo deaths at the beginning of stage 4 so I’m dissapointed

3 Likes

Got to stage 4 then it all fell apart.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever beaten the second boss without hitting a game over. I need to stop immediately sacrificing the mech.

2 Likes

Slowly ticking upward. I hate mummies.

1 Like

Yeah I always accidentally hit both buttons and sac the vehicle right away. I think it was designed that way on purpose, because to clear that boss with the vehicle intact takes the dexterity of a concert pianist.

2 Likes

Why thank you.

1 Like

Can we extend this one another day or two?

Been unpacking from a move and haven’t had a chance to play yet. I really want to though!

1 Like

Up to @raskulous but I dont see why not

1 Like

The Arcade Archives version on PS4 is available for $3.99 right now, too.

2 Likes

We can do a 3rd week of you guys want.

2 Likes

Yes let’s do that. I haven’t had as much time to play as I wanted.

Yes please. I need to dust off the rust. Here’s my first run (top score pictured).

I messed up level 3 pretty bad. Also didn’t take the picture in time to see how many guys I saved (I love saving them). Lost two lives on level 3.

Then died in the beginning of level 4. I know for sure I can run through level 4 on one CC. But only playing out of my mind.

Don’t mind the wires. I’m still setting up my systems and haven’t done the cable management yet.

4 Likes

Did you color on your TV for that authentic Neo Geo ‘Nam 1975 blacked out leg look? That seems like it might permanently damage your screen! :wink::joy:

3 Likes

Haha, high score obtained in Malaysia.

1 Like

Thread updated with the new end date

3 Likes

Been thinking of buying MSX on Switch and discovered today I didn’t need to because it’s on Microsoft Game Pass! Working on my score. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Game looking hot on that PVM! I’m still trying to score, but stage 3 has been killing me too.

Gave it another go today when I had a spare moment. Going to (hopefully) keep improving.

(Top score pictured here)

4 Likes

P.s. it’s amazing just how much harder this game is over Metal Slug 1 and even Metal Slug 2. This is the first one that truly stared munching quarters before MS3 got totally crazy.

1 Like

Yeah MS1 is a total breeze compared to this.

C’mon guys, last day to post scores. Don’t let me win and pick the next one!

1 Like