Good day everyone! Welcome to the official thread for the RGB High Score Battles!
- Competitions last one week, close on Sunday night @ midnight.
- Post screenshots in this thread as proof.
- The winner from the previous week chooses the next game to play.
- You cannot choose twice in a row. 2nd place will choose if someone wins two weeks in a row.
- If there’s a tie, the person that submitted the high score first gets to choose.
- Games must be high score compatible (think “arcade style scores” like Pac-Man, or Spy Hunter, not Super Mario).
- Emulation is okay (MaME is often the best for high scores).
- No save state manipulation (pausing to take a break is fine though).
- Submit scores as soon as you get them! To keep the competition rolling and fair, do not hold on until the last moment to submit.
Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.
|Any honest attempt:||1 point|
Overall, we should keep it simple. This is just a good time, not a crazy official high score competition! Game plays should ideally be short and fun so people that can’t invest hours into this can still compete. Obviously we are working on a trust based system here, so don’t ruin it for the others!
Here’s a simple website I made to keep track of the competition. Info is in the next post, on the current game being played.