RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Well I saw another good deal on FB today: a N2DSXL with a nice box, plus physical copies of Mario Maker, Pokemon Sun and Pokemon X. All for $100. Never thought I would be buying three handhelds in couple weeks or that I would one of those people who owns tons of DS’s but here I am.

I now have a DS Lite, two DSi XL’s, a N3Ds and a N2DSXL.

5 Likes

I was the same and then ended up with…

3 DS Lites and a DSi XL so you’re good!

I haven’t dipped my toe into any of the Nintendo (New)2/3DS(XL)'s yet lol. I wouldn’t even know what to look for…well besides avoiding that one that looks like a Tiger LCD game with two screens.

1 Like

I’ve got a DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, N3DS, and N3DSXL.

I’m one of those people :pleading_face:

3 Likes

The N2DSXL is wonderful. I’ll probably post some impressions and comparisons in another thread so as not to junk up this one.

Between my wife and I we have 2 DS Lites, 2 DSi XLs, 1 original 3DS, 3 3DS XLs, 2 New 3D XLs, a 2DS, and a 2DS XL.

Of the lot my favorite is the DSi XL, and among the 3DS line I prefer the look and feel of the original XL. The styling of the New XL isnt quite as nice, and the 2DS XL feels very cost-reduced plus the stylus is crazy bad.

I never liked how the 3DS’s design language became more busy in an effort to differentiate itself from the DS models, I think the New 2DS XL is the only model to have a lid that shuts without a visible gap or lip between it and the main chassis.

The New 2DS XL is a really impressive design given the budget, I’d love to see photos of the Lilac model if anyone has them. My favourite of the bunch is the New 3DS XL, particularly metallic blue, which has a gorgeous finish and generally higher quality materials than any other 3DS model since the original. They cheaped out on the stylus though - the metal telescoping one with the original 3DS was great.

That would be lovely! I’ve been waiting for the 3DS thread to be bumped - would be embarrassing if I triple posted in it!

I have a metallic blue special edition Monster Hunter Generations New 3DS XL. Tastes and everything but wish I had gotten a different special edition, the color just isn’t my thing.

WRT stylus, some models do better than others but once I got the DSi XL big stylus I started just bringing that with me whenever I brought a DS/3DS. Made playing games like Picross 3D a delight.

Still need to get a non-XL New 3DS. Some day.

1 Like

Now I just feel embarrassed if you guys think that is a lot of DS consoles lol…

No I haven’t counted mine… probably 30+ though not including repair units eek!

2 Likes

I felt the same way! I’m not at 30+ but definitely double digits!

Great systems, great libraries.

There’s just so many revisions and cute special editions… and so many were reasonably priced too.

At least I can pretend half are for my husband.

Did you manage to pick up the Game Boy Micro special editions as well? I always regretted not doing so. The Mother 3 unit with its gorgeous faceplate and carry case goes for crazy money now :frowning:

Makes sense. I think the charcoal(?) black and red models also had the same kind of metallic finish with the etched diagonal lines on the outside, which I really like - it characteristically reflects light.

My lime green Japanese unit looks cheap by comparison, the inside plastics are more like the regular New 3DS too, showing skin oils really easily.

They were a bit before my time (all done and dusted before I had a proper job and disposable income) but I did get the Famicom one brand new later on in some crazy sale at Arcade Shock in 2012… they had some new old stock for $99 a pop.

I do eye up the Mother 3 one for sure… I just don’t love the design enough compared to the Famicom one to drop that $$$ lol.

I snagged one of those too, couldn’t believe my luck when I saw it was in stock as not some old listing that they hadn’t taken down!

I’m jealous of you both! I remember they were on clearance at play-asia in 2007 but I wasn’t earning an income then so I missed out.

The anodised aluminium of the unit appears to have a different, glossier(?) finish to the other models - is this true? I love my lilac JPN unit.

Got one from Play-Asia when they were on sale (GBA Micro Famicom). Love how they look, barely played on it. Looks new. I think it’s one of the most beautiful handhelds ever made. Packaging was also pretty neat.

I also have the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL, Majoras Mask New 3DS XL and other NDS units. I wanted to buy the Hylian Shield 2DS XL model but it wasn’t available in Europe and was too expensive to import by the time I decided I want one.

Yeh it was crazy! I think they said they were supposed to actually price the Famicom ones at $130 (they had a couple of other colours at the time) but just honoured the pricing error anyway.

I’m honestly not sure how many DSes exist in our house. I know of three New 3DS XLs, one DSi XL, three DSis, four DS Lites, and two DS Phats. I really need to take inventory of all the handhelds. lol!

A couple recent pickups from #VitaIsland

Geez, Velocity 2X is such a gem. My Vita card got corrupted and wiped and so I lost my game save. It was just stellar looking and sounding (via headphones) on that little device. It had a nice difficulty curve and and a cool mix of arcade scoring runs and action adventure. Been thinking about getting it for Switch to finish it out.