RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Fantastic find!

Whoa that cleaned up really well! Nice get. The box is excellent.

Wow, it’s great to see a unit that’s clearly been well looked after in the past!

Got Yoshi’s Crafted World which I had on reserve with a local mom and pop game/movie store which sells their initial batches of new retail games for $49.99. Then I find out I also had $10 of in store credit accrued which I didn’t know about so ended up only paying $39.99 plus tax for a new copy of the game!

Also got a 6 foot Dreamcast Controller extension cable for only about $5 off eBay which is perfect since I recently started diving back into my DC collection:

3 Likes

Yeah, the box has almost no damage. Only one of the opening flaps is a bit dog-eared.

While taking apart and cleaning it, it looks as if the Tetris cartridge was inserted and then never removed, as if this was just someone’s personal Tetris machine. There is only slight wear on the top portion of the cart, and the contacts are immaculate. The cartridge slot on the GB looks new.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Likely an indication that it was adult owned, with the nice box being another clue.

Thought finds like that only happened in my dreams. And even then the dream revolves around someone else getting to it first/something messing up.

A few recent pickups. The Kuon box art is custom

3 Likes

Picked up the physical copy of the Kunio Kun collection.
18 games, most of which feature some nice QOL improvements such as removing sprite flicker, which makes Super Dodge Ball actually playable to me. Very happy with this release and looking forward to multiplayer matches.

1 Like

What the…

NES/Famicom Classic UI almost verbatim?
And it includes Double Dragon games?

Yeah, they must have used the nes classic as a base. Having the Double Dragon games is a nice bonus.

How is the emulation?

Cool looking collection. Didn’t realize Double Dragon was related.

I think it’s really solid. Most of the games have a ‘quality up’ option which removes sprite flickering and implements other bug fixes (those fixes are detailed in each game’s menu). I saw one person complain about controller lag, but there was an update when I put the cart in and I haven’t noticed any input lag. I had one online match last night on one of the soccer games. Got schooled.

Found this at the flea market for $10 and couldnt resist.

Imgur

Imgur

4 Likes

Is that a Dreamcast Keyboard? Looks like a generic PC one. Didn’t you guys get the cool compact keyboards?

Not only is it related, but they’re so similar a Kunio game was released as a Double Dragon game in the west, Double Dragon 2 on Game Boy.

I had Double Dragon 2 when I was a kid, I always knew something was not quite right about it, I only found out it was a reskinned Kunio game about a year ago!

Double Dragon was the biggest name in the late 80s, but ended up such a mess.

I might actually write a threa about it.