SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

No scanlines, but man I love the image in this Ikegami monitor. Slot mask CRTs are ace, even when using S video. Anyway more TwinBee shots since I love that game.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how scanlines simply are not visible when playing on a slot mask like this one. Crazy how different these games can look depending on CRT type.

1 Like

Screenshot break after the first boss

Rapid Reload (EU) / Gunners Heaven (JP)
PS1
PVM-1954Q

8 Likes

Couple of Actraiser on 1 Chip SFC thru Framemeister. Beautiful game in places, would have been amazing to experience it at release

7 Likes

Nice! I just bought this game

2 Likes

Final Fantasy VI // Sony PVM-1354Q // RGB via Analogue Super NT and DAC

7 Likes

Just upgraded to a new GPU. Here’s some Render96 Mario 64 with Raytracing on the Diamondtron. Perfect combo of new and old tech lol

5 Likes

I was playing this game for the first time the other day. so fun, I can’t believe it didn’t have multiplayer!

1 Like

Star Ocean: The Second Story
PS1
PVM-1954Q

pub patrons always speaking the truth

nice pub wall art as well

7 Likes

Bison thanks you for helping him take over the world.

Super Turbo on a New Astro City

5 Likes

Such a great game!

2 Likes

It’s my first time playing it. I’m about 2 hours in and liking it so far.

Defeated by Vegas…not looking good IRL either right now [edit, down 3-0 when I posted this 2m ago, now 3-2!]

NHL94 2022 preseason edition (NHL '94 romhack)
MiSTer Genesis core
PVM-14L2

2 Likes

What’s your game saying about the rangers this year. We going to suck again aren’t we? :cry:

Not much better than the Kraken overall. This is still the “preseason edition” so I’m not sure if/what roster changes are not up to date with the start of the season. Sauce said he would have an update out by opening night so hopefully soon [edit 3 hours ago it was released] - no changes at the team ranking level for SEA or NYR. I thought you could simulate a playoffs like NBA Live '9x (I think you can in Live) but it doesn’t look like it.

69… I’ll take it.

nice

1 Like

Fullscreen to avoid moire if you can

Got a hold of the new filters in the Mister test build and they’re amazing. Trinitron consumer-like grille and you can get rid of ‘jail bar’ dithering (the lines on the floor) with a slight sharpness penalty (basically as soft as a consumer set). Should be able to do this with Tink5x and the upcoming OSSC Pro and PixelFX scaler and real hardware

3 Likes

These are filters that come with MiSTer?

They will do, I believe they’re in a test branch currently but should get merged into an official release at some point. The filter options will be built into the core menu and then you use a separate filter to complete the look, at least that’s what I’ve done