SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Here you go. I keep it at the bottom because it only seems to make edges standout artificially. If you look at the sharpness pattern on the 240p test suite, the higher it is, the worse it looks.

That’s my experience anyway.

4 Likes

perfect, thanks…I thought as much! I’ll give the test suite a look

I found from a quick test that video content looks a bit better sharper though, so I’ll be flipping back and forth I imagine

1 Like

Yeah I have a VCR but no tapes, so it’s not hooked up. I never watch video content on this set unless it’s FMV in a game.

2 Likes

oh man, older anime and TV shows look amazing. I need to fix my VCR and see how tapes look, but I’m guessing it’ll look great too

1 Like

8 Likes

With Sonic Origins being announced I figured it was time to jump back into Sonic CD.

I love the colours in the stage design, and visiting past present and future to hear the different musical arrangements.

All shots on a Sony PVM 20L2. Mega Drive VA1 via RGB.

9 Likes

Juicy colours on those shots!

2 Likes

Which soundtrack are you playing with?

2 Likes

ZEN Intergalactic Ninja on NES. 1993, one of the final games from Konami on that system. Game from my childhood. The game passed the test of time.
Setup: Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded + Samsung Tantus Flat CRT TV with native Scart RGB input.

7 Likes

I’ve never heard of that game, looks pretty cool! I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like

JPN of course, although I do have some nostalgia for the US OST. That said I think the latter feels really inconsistent because they didn’t replace all of the tracks, so YM2312 sections really clash with the CD audio in that version.

1 Like

It worth to check out, i promise.

1 Like

been having fun with Blazing Star on the Switch today

9 Likes

It’s Ori with a slot mask.

Very nice.

Welcome to the board!

2 Likes

Thank you! Aperture grille in fact.

2 Likes

I never considered trying out Ori. that game is already beautiful on an LCD. now I’m really intrigued

1 Like

Yes I agree - it’s taking more away than adding to be honest but I thought it would be fun.

1 Like

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future // Sega Dreamcast // Sony PVM-1354Q via s-video

8 Likes

Some more goofing around on the 20L2:

Terranigma (NTSC Patched) - Super Famicom (1 Chip) with c11 ghosting fix installed - Sony PVM 20L2 via RGB

Sonic CD (Japan): - VA1 Mega Drive, Model 1 Mega CD, 32X - Sony PVM 20L2 via RGB

4 Likes

this set is so vibrant!

2 Likes