SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

That’s right, ninja master is in the first pic.
I’m using a MVS. I can’t say I’ve ever had any issues though with the Retrotink x5 Pro. Works like a charm.

That’s nice to hear, might order one eventually. Seems very easy to use and the output is great at 4k.

1 Like

More beautiful Neo Geo shots today from Metal Slug 2

7 Likes

Beautiful! SNK really reached their peak around that time with the Metal Slugs, Last Blade 1&2 and Mark of the Wolves.

4 Likes

Some goofing around on the Dreamcast. Not pictured the beer in my hand!

10 Likes

480p? that looks amazing

I wish! Just the camera blurring both fields together.

My grail is a 31khz PVM/BVM but I should consider myself extremely lucky to have a 20L2 in Australia. There are far less of them around and the prices are worse than the US.

1 Like

Joe and Mac aka Caveman Ninja on NES. Port was made by Elite Systems. Original game by Data East.
Setup:
1.Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded (CSYNC)
2.Samsung Plano CS15k8mjq with native Scart RGB input (euro chassis)
3.Photos by Samsung camcorder HMX-R10BP/XER

8 Likes

Played some of the Sonic hack “Hellfire Saga” while watching Sunday’s game. It takes assets from Castlevania and G&G, very cool so far, and I like the health system keeping the boss fights more honest, no picking up one ring over and over.

4 Likes

What system is this on?

It’s a genesis romhack. AFAIK it’s one of the few fully overhauled mods so far that are actually off of Sonic 3 instead of one of the other titles. Playing on my Pi 4

2 Likes

Character art from Battletoads (NES/ Famicom). Legendary game from Rare. It was my favorite game on 8bit Nintendo. Too bad that this game is not 100% beat’em up. Anyway, bodybuilder toads rules.
Setup:
1.Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded (CSYNC)
2.Samsung Plano CS15k8mjq with native Scart RGB input (euro chassis)
3.Photos by Samsung camcorder HMX-R10BP/XER

4 Likes

5 Likes

Gorgeous. What game is it?

1 Like

Wario Land 4 if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

nice. it looks so crisp, wonder if it’s the GBI. GBA games never look quite right when I try them on a CRT

1 Like

Yea, that looks like GBI to me. That’s how it looks on my CRT as well via GBI.

1 Like

I’m mad I never played this game sooner. so much fun. I’ve only played a bit of Wario Land Shake It on the Wii

speaking of Wii, the game does look pretty nice on it, though nearly not as good as @MajorPainTheCactus shots

4 Likes

Picked Terranigma back up after a few months. Just when I think I’m getting bored of it there are these poignant story moments that stop me in my tracks.

1 chip Super Famicom via RGB on a Sony PVM20L2

5 Likes

It’s a great game isn’t!? I’m a new convert too - a semi hidden gem in my opinion.

I shall probably be banised to the far reaches of this server but although I own two PVMs this is 100% state of the art filthy emulation.

As in its mGBA with the native HDR shader I wrote called the Sony Megatron Colour Video Monitor on RetroArch running on my Eve Spectrum LCD monitor (Blur Busters calibrated) and a rather beefy PC.

All my posts have used this setup as it allows me to easily try out unusual setups like GBA on a TV, arcades and modern (2D) PC games.

See Sony Megatron Colour Video Monitor - Shaders - Libretro Forums for more info.

I just love the artwork in these games and the beauty of old CRTs but don’t have the space for any more screen types or myriad cables and connections to original hardware (I take my hat off to those that do) - the myriad original controllers are enough of a headache for me.

5 Likes