SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

Wow, that’s just about the best shader I’ve ever seen. awesome work

2 Likes

Thanks that’s nice to hear. I see it as a part of the preservation work of CRTs as at some point their bright candles will burn out and all we’ll be left with are LCDs and LEDs outside of museums. That’ll be a sad day for sure. Certainly this forum has given me great reference material to build an accurate simulation of the various screens. Thank you all!

5 Likes

Bought a small 14" Philips CRT this week in great condition. Really happy with the image quality.

6 Likes

Is that composite? Looks perfect in any event. Really love the way the pixel art is looking in that shot.

1 Like

It’s RGB.

1 Like

I’d be happy too, colours are vibrant and it looks pin sharp!

1 Like

Nothing crazy, just a little Halloween gaming with Castlevania.

32" JVC D-Series, NES through Component video.

8 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Love those D-Series tubes looks incredible!

Kabuki: Quantum Fighter on NES (Famicom)
Setup:
1.Nintendo AV Famicom NESRGB modded (CSYNC)
2.Samsung Plano CS15k8mjq with native Scart RGB input (euro chassis)
3.Photos by Samsung camcorder HMX-R10BP/XER

7 Likes

trying out an HDMI scanline generator on my VGA CRT. I’m really liking the results

5 Likes

Guardians: Denjin Makai 2 on Arcade. It’s the sequel to Denjin Makai or better known as Ghost Chaser Densei on Super Famicom.
Setup:
1.Bootleg Guardians Jamma PCB with Arcade Forge MakStrike supergun.
2.Grundig GR2150 CRT TV 21’’ with native Scart RGB input (euro chassis)

5 Likes

Pretty Fighter on Super Famicom. Street Fighter II with female roster of characters. It plays well, but not as good as other fighters from that time (e.g., Fighter’s History, Battle Master, etc…)
Setup:
1.Super Famicom SHVC-001 with Scart RGB cable + cartridge.
2.Grundig GR2150 CRT TV 21’’ with native Scart RGB input (euro chassis)

6 Likes

Built a Monochrome VGA adapter works really well for Super Gameboy, there are a few other colours but my favourites are amber and this blue shade

5 Likes

Not practical but fun on non GB games!

3 Likes

having a lot of fun playing Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse. translated JP version (so it has the amazing soundtrack and fairer difficulty), with the Improved Controls hack. even an Alucard sprite hack thrown in there for good measure, makes it one of my fav Castlevania games to play now

8 Likes

Amazing shots, wow! These hacks sound really cool too

3 Likes

the game is still hard as nails (climbing up stairs is such a pain), but those things make it much more enjoyable

I played Castlevania 1 with the Improved Controls hack as well. makes these games play more like Rondo of Blood. you can control your jump in mid air, and even influence your trajectory when you get hit. makes the original games feel unplayable in comparison

3 Likes

Wow sounds amazing, I need to try this. I used the ‘no-cry baby mario’ hack for Yoshi’s Island and I can’t go back lol QoL hacks are awesome

1 Like

I can’t imagine Yoshi’s Island without the crying, it gives a sense of urgency to try to get him back…firstly so you don’t die but also just to shut him up lol

3 Likes