SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

First post on the boards. Figured I’d start my right of passage with one of my favorite series. Looking forward to posting more scanlines!

Castlevania - RGB modded NES with RetroAccess Nintendo AV Multiout SCART cable to my Sony 20L5 PVM.

Close up of the nice paused frame:

10 Likes

great shots, welcome! I’m at the same spot of the game, but I can’t for the life of me beat Dracula. his second form just destroys me

4 Likes

Welcome! Also, nice timing on that picture, with that whip to the face :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. It took me more continues than I’d like to admit. Dracula’s second form is far more punishing if you don’t have the timing down between whips and holy water. You won’t be able to stunlock him completely unless you have the subweapon upgrades. He’ll jump at you eventually, so it’s ideal to have him transform at one corner of the screen to give you the most screen estate. Here’s the video guide I used to help me through the game: How To Beat CastleVania (NES) - mechanics and walkthrough - YouTube

Best of luck in beating Dracula!

2 Likes

Thank you! I managed to grab it completely by mistake when pausing it to view the video guide I just referenced. Figured I’d never be lucky enough to get such a good frame again so I snapped a photo for prosperity’s sake. I’m hopeful to get more frames like that in future posts.

2 Likes

Welcome! Gorgeous shots on an amazing monitor!

2 Likes

Thank you! I also own a 14L5, although I’ve played more on my 20L5. The 14L5 currently host all my Sega consoles. If I can get around to it this weekend I’ll give it some much needed love. Got Mega Drive and Saturn games coming my way so I’ll be photographing those first.

2 Likes

Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge on 3DO Interactive Multiplayer (S-Video) through OSSC add-on board to Sony Super Black Trinitron KV-14M1K (Scart RGB).

7 Likes

More screenshots, as promised.

Super Mario: Yossy Island - Chip 02 SNES with Borti’s RGB Bypass Board and NTSC CSNYC 470Ω SCART - Sony 20L5 PVM

Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka No Yasoukyoku - Model 1 Japanese Sega Saturn with Sega Saturn PAL/NTSC SCART - Sony 14L5 PVM

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - Model 1 Sega Mega Drive with Triple Bypass Board and Sega Mega Drive 2/Genesis 2 SCART - Sony 14L5 PVM

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Model 1 Sega Mega Drive with Triple Bypass Board and Sega Mega Drive 2/Genesis 2 SCART - Sony 14L5 PVM

8 Likes

I was playing Hyper SF2 the other day on PS2 and was thinking how cool the arranged OST sounded, didn’t realise the soundtrack was mostly from the 3DO game!

2 Likes

playing around with the Misters analog output. here’s some random SNES homebrew game (I think?), Digimon Adventure, VGA output, CRT scandoubler effect 75%

7 Likes

Nitro Punks Might Heads aka Rocky Rodent on SNES / SFC. Screen shots from my second Sony FD Trinitron KV-14LM1K with native RGB Scart input. 1993, Irem.

7 Likes

Super Mario RPG - Chip 02 SNES with Borti’s RGB Bypass Board and NTSC CSNYC 470Ω SCART - Sony 20L5 PVM

Rule of Rose - Fat PS2 Model SCPH-50001 with Matrix Modchip+OPL and PS2 CSYNC SCART WITH GUNCON PORT - Sony 20L5 PVM

Detana TwinBee Yahho! Deluxe Pack - Model 1 Japanese Sega Saturn with Sega Saturn PAL/NTSC SCART - Sony 14L5 PVM

Sexy Parodius - Model 1 Japanese Sega Saturn with Sega Saturn PAL/NTSC SCART - Sony 14L5 PVM

9 Likes

SFC Jr composite is amazing, I’ve had one for a few years but never hooked it up because I planned to RGB mod it

EDIT: I take that back, it seems the composite filtering on this consumer Panasonic is god-like. The Composite looks bad on my Sony PVM which I think leaves it untouched or has poor filtering

8 Likes

Looks amazing. DKC in particular really benefits from the composite blur.

2 Likes

Moved to 480p thread

1 Like

80s Sony PVM

6 Likes

That looks quite blury. What connection are you using to the PVM?

1 Like

RGB from a non-1 chip SNES. Blur is from the camera focus

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before, but Clockwork Aquarip’s CRT filter is amazing

7 Likes