SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

I understand why they’ve done it but it drives me mad lol, it seems common in other Nintendo games, there’s always this repetitive tone when you have low health in SM64 for example, I think Zelda does this too

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of master system this week for a upcoming Retro Core show.
Original Japanese Master System via RGB.

5 Likes

I need to learn about more master system games. Looking forward to the video.

1 Like

I previously did a Master System video about 2 years ago but because I have so many fond memories for the system I’ll be doing another. Here’s the original video link.

2 Likes

Sounds like the exact set up I used when I made my translated CV3 cart. That was a really fun project. Are you playing the rom on hardware or emulated? This set up is one of my favorite NES experiences of all time.

Another great CV Hack is the Simon’s Quest Retranslation + Map hack. I’ve been meaning to make a cart for this but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Played a bunch of it on my NT Mini Noir. The Map and new translations make it so you can actually make sense of the NPCs and find your own way through the game. There’s even a version which changes fall-through tiles to a different sprite do you don’t randomly fall down holes.

1 Like

Awesome project, these look great!

1 Like

played it on my Wii via emulator. I’m planning to replay it on my new Mister setup once I finalize it. great thing about this game is the replayability. I haven’t even played with Sypha yet!

also that makes CV2 sound great and makes me want to play it now. I completely skipped it in my current run through the series. just seemed like a lot of trouble and jank to go through

1 Like

You should definitely try it with that hack. Makes the game a legit pleasure to play.

2 Likes

I decided to jump back into Terranigma after getting frustrated in the desert village. I ended up using a guide after getting turned around a few times.

I’m still not sure how I feel about it, just like Illusion of Gaia I think it’s a good game but I enjoyed Soul Blazer so much more.

Also a bonus shot from EWJ2 on Saturn.

Both consoles via RGB on a Sony PVM20L2.

5 Likes

F-Zero, SFC, RGB scart cable, Sony Trinitron KV-14LT1B.

7 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous.

A consumer trinitron via RGB has this amazing pin sharp look to it. I still miss my modded KVAR25M31 for that reason. It went to a good
home and funded the purchase of my PVM but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t regret selling it:

7 Likes

Haha, loving how the prospective on that TMNT shot makes the foot soldier look tinny.

2 Likes

Saturn Saturday with some Cyberbots

5 Likes

Bio Evil demo - RE1 demake for Mega Drive - Consumer Sony Trinitron 14"

9 Likes

CPS2 featured some of the finest pixel art, specially early on. Late on the systems life I think they abused the pre-rendered stuff, like most everyone did at the time.

6 Likes

CPS2-era fighting games look better than most modern fighting games

8 Likes

CPS2-era fighting games look better than most games period

8 Likes

The level of fluid animation, detail and creativity in the Darkstalkers series will never be matched again.

You can literally spend hours and hours with those games and still miss out on seeing minuscule effects that were treated with care by the designers.

4 Likes

Not my picture but this CRT emu driver shot is awesome from Lieutenat_Lit, apparently no scaling issues

5 Likes

I’ve finally got an N64 and preformed an RGB mod on it. At the moment though, I’m still using composite cables but that RGB mod has helped a little in cleaning up composite too!

5 Likes