SCANLINE SCREENSHOT THREAD. BECAUSE 240p IS ALL THE P'S I NEED. (56k warning)

NHK taiga drama Taiheiki - pce - ossc / rgb and grabbed from elgato game capture hd

3 Likes

Excitebike from the latest RGB high score battle.

NES RGB, PVM-1954Q

6 Likes

PS2 Devil May Cry 3 forced in to 480p mode running on a 4K panel scailed from 720p.

4 Likes

Received yesterday HDMI scanline generator, here’s some interesting results (PS4 Pro, Samsung LED model UE40J5120AU)

4 Likes

Really interesting! Can you tell us more about the unit?

1 Like

I bought it from ebay. It’s an no name hdmi scanline generator with individual RGB knobs, Vsync switch (doesn’t work at all), 2:1 & 4:3 aspect button (doesn’t do anything). Odd / Even switch for scanlines (again, doesn’t do anything), width switch and 5v 1a power micro usb in.

3 Likes

With RGB knobs you control level of scanlines (odd/ even). For authentic picture RGB knobs must be on zero, at least, it worked for me. But anyway, CRT is still wins for me. I bought this gadget for PS4 games that doesn’t have any scanline shaders.

1 Like

Dreamcast Soul Calibur running in 4K on stock Dreamcast with video outputted via HDMJ

With scanlines

3 Likes

I couldn’t figure out what you meant by HDMJ, but is that really 920p being output on your panel?

I’m currently running a 1080p set, so even with the ossc I still get moir patterns and it’s pretty annoying.

Sorry, that should have been HDMI.
Yep, that really was 720p. The Framemeister can’t output 4k so it takes the 480p from the HDMI box and ups that to 720p. The TV the ups the 720p to 4k since 720p to 4k is pretty straight forward.

If you are interested I can shoot some video direct from the TV at 60fps to give you an idea of quality.

Does the xrgb have the ability to directly linedouble 480 in a 1080 window? I know 720 looks good, but it’s not a true multiple and I’d like to see if the unit is capable of doing so.

That’s a good question. I have an XRGB and still don’t know how to use it. :sweat:

It can certainly upscale 480p to 1080p. I’m not sure if it’s a clean line double though.

Sold mine a couple of years back but pretty sure you just press x2 on the remote, pic in case you have not bought an overlay for yours.

Good basic settings for 240p /480i are in the junker wiki, lots of good info.

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=XRGB-mini_FRAMEMEISTER

I don’t think so. I never use 1080p mode because scan lines look rubbish in 1080p.
Here’s another 720p image upped to 4K. This is from the Dreamcast.

Pulseman on Genesis

5 Likes

From my playthrough of Super R-Type today
SNES through SCART to KV-27FS320

6 Likes

For today: Jojo no Kimiyo na Bouken (Super Famicom). The team assembled! Super Famicom JR RGB modded + Samsung Scart TV.

2 Likes

Nice looking sprites. Is the game any good?

Vampire bat Chun

3 Likes

It’s pretty good. I only made it to the second boss but I like it. I’m looking forward to playing more. It was developed by Game Freak (Pokémon), but it feels like Yuji Naka (Sonic creator) went back to school for an Electrical Engineering degree and decided to slow Sonic down. Parallax scrolling had to be a main development objective because it’s all over the first two stages, especially the second. The first boss is like an RGB color test palette, lol.

Random pic:

Shaq getting the oop from Nick Anderson in NBA Live '95

Earl kicking it on Funkotron

…and that feeling of pushing another rider into an oncoming car while crossing the finish line in Road Rash lol

5 Likes