Sega Genesis/Mega Drive |OT| WELCOME TO THE NEXT TOPIC

I’m currently playing the T&E Soft golf games on Mega Drive through the PicoDrive emulator, which can overclock the CPU and makes the games a lot smoother and really very nice to play.

1 Like

Dude that is awesome! :grin:

Wow. That would be amazing for actual game covers.

I got to check that out, must look amazing.

Youtuber finishes his complete US Genesis collection on black friday!

1 Like

Impressive! Not only for completing the collection, but not buying it online. If I was one a way from a set, I don’t know if I could resist just picking it up on ebay.

1 Like

The chase is better then the catch! The Ebay loop is vicious once you get caught in it.

1 Like

That’s true! It would be hard waiting for a deal if you’re one game away! Is Dune expensive btw?

Listed for around $65 on pricecharting. The incredible hulk game he mentioned he got before that is really cheap though, heck I have it. No ebay is crazy to complete a set that big.

yeah, the guys on segaages who’d do full collections (…), id see them complete it, celebrate & sell the whole thing, just to start anew later.

…which is to say, i’m with socks: it’s gotta be about the chase.

Not for me. I would just chase down another set, than go for one I just completed. If this was 2001, maybe, but not now. No way.

2 Likes

Yeah, old and rare games are disspearing fast. I wouldn’t risk selling a complete collection.

I hit a point in the mid-00’s where I stopped selling things unless I was 100% sure I never wanted to touch it again. Thank goodness too, as so much of that stuff is now way overpriced and becoming scarce. I’m actually happy when I hit the retro stores that not much in there calls out to me like it used to because I have most of what I love. Every now and then something pops up though…

I figured this could be of some help, if you’re in my situation.

I was experiencing severe jailbars with my Japanese Mega Drive 2 and the OSSC - especially visibile in optim. modes with no scanlines - so I followed the advice some folks over at VGP forums gave me, and swapped my old Euro AV RGB cable (with sync stripper) with a C-Sync lead from RetroGamingCables.

I intentionally wanted to give their regular C-Sync cables a shot first, because - judging by the comments I’ve read, and also by the amount of new info on the website - I was under the impression they’re the ones that took the most advantage, in terms of buid quality (new resistors, better caps… You know, after the amp-armageddon), compared to their previous production, and possibly the Packapunch line too.
So - at least with my Japanese MD2 - I can report huge improvements. Jailbars got wiped off almost entirely: literally, if I glue my eye to the screen, on certain colours, I still notice a very faint ‘shadow’ (which I believe it can only get fixed through a proper mod), but the columns effect is gone and, from a normal viewing distance, the image is now crystal clean, both in 320 and 256 optim. modes.
I’m actually quite surprised and, needless to say, very happy with the results.

lol

5 Likes

Behind-the-scenes picture from Sonic Boom live action movie?

1 Like

I told you not to share that Sonic convention pic of us. I am taller in real life, it’s just the Knuckles suit that makes me look small.

2 Likes

Lol

When was that one beat em up game by Watermelon supposed to release again? I cant remember the name for the life of me…

PAPRIUM!!!

I’m still super excited for it but it’s been delayed into 2018.

The soundtrack sounds really promising!