Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Collection headed to PC, PS4, Xbox One

‘SEGA Genesis Collection’ coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 29. pic.twitter.com/onlWVAaJYJ

— Sonic The Hedgeblog (@Sonic_Hedgeblog) March 13, 2018

PSVR support to play the games in different environments like on a CRT in a 90s bedroom, an early E3-type convention, or SegaCity-esque entertainment centre would be such an easy win.

Interesting… I wonder if they will add Vive support.

In a VR Genesis bathtub simulation would be ideal.

1 Like

I just can’t get excited about anything SEGA does with their back catalog at this point.

I do find it funny that when I was a kid my parents used to tell me not to sit so close to the tv screen. Now they are giving us a way to strap it right on our head!

1 Like

Hopefully there will be online multiplayer and co-op.

They said PC too, which is weird because there is already a Classics collection on Steam.

I get the sinking feeling that most of the budget for this release probably went into making the trailer.

I haven’t been a fan either. Someone should tell Sega they have Saturn & Dreamcast back catalog too.

At least they are doing something with it. Honestly not a big fan of Nintendo’s strategy lately but I have a cool super Nintendo paperweight now I suppose.

I think VR is the future of emulation. I saw someone made a virtual arcade that you could go to in the VR world. As these VR displays get better I hope some of the people in the emulation community start recreating old arcades. I’d love to play at Time out, Show Boat, Finn’s Arcade, or Western Arcade. Unless these old arcades had a lot of photos lying around I doubt this would ever happen. Makes me wish I could program because I’d definitely be into that.

1 Like

Port of the Steam collections it seems. Nice, but ultimately irrelevant at this point.

I couldn’t agree with this more.

I echo just about everyone when I say I’d love to Sega release anything out of its back catalogue outside of more Genesis/Mega Drive games.

The AM2 ports on XBLA/PSN store are great, but Virtual On and Virtua Striker didn’t even make it out of Japan. Even if they threw all of those on a disc, that would be a huge step forward.

I guess all I can hope for is that this is the start of Sega is leaning into nostalgia, and we’ll see more of that this year, but I’m not holding my breath.

That’s a pretty cool trailer, but who is this for? Most people that wanted to play these games already on the previous collection last gen. Keep these games on those emulation boxes at retail and start releasing Saturn games from both US/JP regions.