Super Mario Odyssey |OT| - Honey, moons before the wedding.

What controller config do you guys recommend out of the methods that you’ve tried so far?

Damn, there are some difficult platforming sections hidden away here, even in this first big kingdom.

What’s your all’s take on the motion controls? Seeing some people saying it’s annoying.

It’s a bit less reliable than I’d like on certain moves. I can’t get the direct upward throw going reliably. Or the circle.

Hi guys,

Is anyone worried about how the game turned out?

Don’t be. It’s a masterpiece.

1 Like

Yeah, just done with the desert level. Game is insane.

What are the motion controls? Is the game playable with full control with the pro controller? I’ve kinda gone on blackout for the game and will start it today/tomorrow so haven’t seen if this has been answered before, so sorry if it’s a popular question.

Been playing pretty non-stop since it came out. Beat the main story but still tons to do. For a while my only real complaint was the low difficulty, but there are some challenges later on— much more than in the post-sunshine games. The game is great, but getting into the post-game, I think they put too many moons in. Some are just so pointless and throwaway that they might as well not be there (speaking specifically about the ones that unlock post-game). Otherwise, I’m having a blast, at least for now I’m liking it more than any mario since 64.

don’t worry, I like this better than just copying mine over! I think the way this board is laid out, those super-long/big OTs aren’t really suited to it anyway (unless maybe properly adapted in terms of size/graphics).

ultimately, we just need a place to talk about the game with some basic info :smiley:
now back to impatiently staring at the mailbox without blinking, breathing, or any movement whatsoever. ^^

So I bought SMO and a Switch earlier today. I’ve played about 20 mins before my wife took over and… she’s still playing. If we hadn’t gone out earlier I think she wouldn’t have put it down.

So far seems good I guess?

Why own one when two is twice the fun?

Just beat the game :grin:

LOL, just noticed I have a tag.

That was for all the hard work you put into your Mummy OT

LOL, I figured but I didn’t notice it until now. Not sure how long ago it was added. :joy:

IQ folks, am I right to think that just having my switch output at 720p to a 4K TV makes more sense than outputting at 1080? Especially in a game like this where image will bounce between 720p and 900p, be scaled to 1080, and then again to 4k?

This game is just (seemingly) effortlessly great. There’s pretty much zero difficulty so far, but that’s to be expected to an extent. But man, everything is just incredibly well thought out with perfect controls to compliment it all. Can’t wait to jump in further. I wanted to do so today, but my little niece wanted to come over and play. She’s not into games at all, so we ended up making a paper pirate-ship and playing dress-up, which I suppose is somewhat Odyssey related.

It’s pretty sweet so far. It’s not a particularly difficult game but it keeps bringing me back to get more stars, I kind of thought I would tire of it after going through the story once. Just a genuinely fun game.

Whenever I get a Switch, this will be my 1st Switch game!

Been lurking a bit at Reset and continuing to do so on GAF and I just noticed what TheMoon did with the two OT titles. Haha, wow.

The guy makes phenomenal OT’s.