Supergun recommendations for a novice

Took seemingly forever for me to receive a HAS as well.
It is such a shame that it doesn’t have higher availability as it is clearly the best option out there.

I was using a Retroelectronik previously and felt it is very subpar in many areas, but it does the job good enough while you wait for a HAS I guess.

Retroelectronik has a regular power plug for a PC power supply, and works perfectly. And was very cheap. But the button arrangement is not the same. It’s fine for Neo Geo but I had to re-wire for CPS2.

There’s the new open source one, ‘Minigun’ now too.

Preorders for the HAS aren’t open :sweat:

I’ll just check in regularly and grab one if the timing works out.

1 Like

That’s what I did. The wait is worth it.

1 Like

Hey guys thought I’d ask this here considering the thread got bumped. I want to get a Supergun and I’ve looked into many of the options. My primary gaming area is with my PVM using a gcompsw and gscartsw. I want one that is ideally enclosed, mainly because I really want to reduce the likelihood of getting electrocuted from an exposed psu. I also want something that’s got as many features as possible and looks nice if also possible. Now I was looking into the Windy, but I’ve read many issues about it and the gscartsw. I like the HAS, but I’m a little weary of having to use an exposed arcade psu. I also don’t really want any that have built in controls. I prefer ones with the neo geo style ports. I want the best option out there that suits my needs, and I’m not exactly looking for a cheap option if something that suits my needs is in the market.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

1 Like

Honestly, I’d still go with the HAS. You can buy PSU covers to cover up all of the exposed lugs on the power supply. I believe RGB (Creater of the HAS) makes them for the Meanwell PSU.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I can’t find the case for the psu. Do you have a link by any chance?

1 Like

The covers don’t actually enclose the whole PSU. They just cover up the one part of it that you don’t actually want to touch.

Lots of details on the HAS thread over at Arcade-Projects.

Agreed–go with a HAS. The product is fantastic, and the seller 100% stands behind his product and is a pleasure to deal with! (I’ve DM’d him with so many dumb questions, and his replies are always friendly and fast.) People like this really deserve to have their great work supported!

1 Like