The Nintendo Virtual Boy |OT| Batteries Not Included

Finished Teleroboxer…or so I thought. No credits - need to better my game it seems!

It’s not actually as tough as it seems. Once you familiarise yourself with the controls and take good note of when your opponents are vulnerable the game serves up a very fair challenge. My win ratio went up steadily as I progressed - think I beat the seventh opponent on my third attempt.

Finished Teleroboxer properly! With help of some savescumming. Turning off the VB before the glass shatters when you lose won’t count losses.

The credits sequence is something else - had me grinning: Teleroboxer (Virtual Boy) 2D Playthrough - NintendoComplete - YouTube

What’s also very cool is how, upon beating the game without any losses, it asks you to input your name, then the secret final fight begins with a lot more hype - showing your name as the challenger. Clear that and after the credits, the title screen gets replaced with your name in huge letters, and the rest of the game becomes title defence.

It was interesting going back to earlier fights and winning much faster being more familiar with how the controls work, but really, I think the game actually becomes too easy once that happens - as soon as you become familiar with independently wielding each D-Pad to defend against a punch with one fist and attack with their other, the rest is fairly straightforward.