The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

Is this a game about a Club DJ who becomes a police officer?
TechnoCop on this week’s Battle of the Ports

3 Likes

I remember ogling at pictures of this game in magazines and being intrigued by the (for the time) excessive gore. I wasn’t used to seeing enemies explode into bloody chunks in this pre-Mortal Kombat world.

My interest in the game subsided when I read the scathing reviews, though.

Anyway, nice video. Seeing the Speccy and Amstrad versions come out on top was quite surprising!

2 Likes

Same here. Remember seeing another RasorSoft game too thinking it looked interesting. That was Storm Lord. That also was a load of crap. Again, a port of an Amiga title I believe.

2 Likes

Razor Soft got one game right. If you’ve never played Death Duel on Genesis/Mega Drive, check it out! Very unique take on first person (sorta!) shooting. It’s got just the right amount of camp too.

1 Like

I’ll take a look at that one. I know the name but have never played it.

1 Like

Two operating systems, great compatibility, and looks like a SNES pad.
Anbernic RG353P full review - 60fps

A game that is based upon an unreleased arcade ?

2 Likes

Proud of the little Master System! That looks buttery smooth.

I might have to hunt down a copy of this…

2 Likes

The Master System was a very classy machine. Thank God it was the people’s choice in Europe otherwise we would have missed out on knowing it was possible to have colourful games, clean RGB image and a light gun that was pin accurate.

2 Likes

Today on the Retro Core channel, we take a look at a strange hockey puck looking device.

It’s time for almost an hour of more great sounding Mega Drive music tracks!

2 Likes

@Yakumo Have you ever made a battle of the ports for Joust? If not, can I humbly request one in honor of its 40th anniversary? I love that game but somehow don’t own it anywhere.

Used to play it on shockwave.com back in the early days of the internet, then occasionally at barcades over the years. Finding a good port is now on my list of things to get next.

1 Like

I have never done joust before. It can’t be the next video because that is in the works but maybe it can come after that. When is the 40 birthday of the game?

1 Like

Sooooo many ports of Joust but also many good ones I believe. That game is on everything.

1 Like

I’d also like to see that! I love Joust. I owned the Atari 2600 port decades ago and I also enjoyed the arcade version that was featured on the first Midway Arcade Treasures collection.

Went out for a drink last night and was surprised at what I saw.

1 Like

I think last week but I don’t think it matters if you’re a bit late. It’s 40 years of joust either way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A new pick up to replace my aging notebook

The game that started off the whole 3D survival horror landscape is here on this week’s Battle of the Ports.

1 Like

I got sent a Hotwav W10. Did a little video on it.