The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

Yeah, a lot of people mentioned that in the comments. I should check it out.

I forgot to link this here yesterday.

1 Like

A bit late for summer but here is Puyo Puyo Sun on this weeks Battle of the Ports

3 Likes

Recently I was made aware of a De-Flicker mode for the sprite scaling titles, Space Harrier and Space Harrier II on the Mega Drive Mini 2. But how does it work?

2 Likes

Brook Wingman XB2 - Over a hundred controllers for your Xbox Consoles

1 Like

Nice. (Im)patiently waiting for their PS5 version so I don’t have to fork out £200 for a half decent fightstick when SF6 hits. I have the PS4 one and it’s flippin’ great, been running my 360 Madcatz OG Fightstick on SFV.

2 Likes

The Konami sequel you probably never knew on this weeks Battle of the Ports.

1 Like

Had this one on the C64 and I rather enjoyed it, despite the unwieldy controls and iffy collision detection. Really hated the sections with those annoying tiny enemies, though.

1 Like

All new Battle of the Ports is now online. Something a little different this week as we take a look at Shin Megami Tensei.

2 Likes

The Hyper base FC. The cartridge system with a secret

2 Likes

Time for some mid 90’s dark action

2 Likes

Unreleased PC Engine Game Show along with undocumented ) as of this post cheats!

2 Likes

One for the RPG fans this week on Battle of the Ports. Let’s take a look at Luna: Eternal Blue!

4 Likes

Quite a capable little box

It’s time for some Rock & Roll on this week’s Battle of the Ports with Revolution X featuring Aerosmith and yes, the video was demonetized :frowning:

2 Likes

Bit of an unusual video for me as I take a look at a PC game! But don’t worry, I’m not going all PC gamer here, this game truly has it’s routs in console style origins.

1 Like

A festive Battle of the Ports here on December 24th.

3 Likes

Nice video once again. Those 8-bit versions look a lot better than I expected!

I really wonder why they changed Peter Pan’s outfit to yellow in the 16-bit Sega versions. Shouldn’t have been too hard to get the colours right, should it?

2 Likes

It is possible to polish a turd?

1 Like

Wow - the rare Sega CD high effort port. Nice.

3 Likes