The official Retro Core / Battle of the Ports thread

2 Likes

A massive Battle of the Ports this week as we cover the original Prince of Persia.

3 Likes

Got myself a new outdoor gaming system

A short but sweet? Battle of the Ports this week. mainly because I’m stuck in work, today.

1 Like

This new device from Brook allows hundreds of controllers to work on a PlayStation and PlayStation 2

3 games in one on this week’s Battle of the Ports.

1 Like

Classic that started life on the X68000 but sadly ended on the Wii.

This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at Phalanx

3 Likes

Something only the well off could afford back in the day.

2 Likes

Shame they couldn’t have done a six button layout on that stick. A real beauty, regardless. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s one awesome looking stick!

Agreed. The L & R trigger placement is bizarre.

Thanks. Back when it came out it was right up there at the top.

Man… I love fantasizing about expansion slots that have never been used. It’s a weird fetish of mine lol

2 Likes

Starting the build up to Halloween early on Battle of the Ports, with Hexen!

2 Likes

It’s time to remaster a very old Battle of the Ports. Ghouls’n Ghosts was originally the 4th Battle of the Ports ever made. Now this remaster is show 434.
Features more games, higher resolution video, 60fps and voiceover.

2 Likes

What sort of tablet comes with a screwdriver as standard?
The Hotwav R6 Pro full review with game testing.

Just in time for Halloween… Battle of the Ports Remastered - Ghosts’n in Goblins

2 Likes

Awesome video! While not an official port, you should check out the 2015 remake of the C64 version. It’s a complete overhaul with additional levels, new graphics, etc.

1 Like

Great video! Glad you enjoyed the Commodore 64 version, it’s the one I grew up with. Once I got used to the tiny sprites and altered soundtrack, it became one of my most played C64 games, along with Bruce Lee, IK+, Street Hassle and Pac-Land.

Also, WTF at that DOS port, hahaha :laughing:

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool!

1 Like