Upcoming retro re-releases - Delphine Software Collection 1, Duke Nukem Collection 1 & 2, Sunsoft Collection 1 (Evercade)

That’s great. Thanks for sharing!

Was thinking of picking this up. Some killer concept art and behind the scenes pics from Namco’s archives courtesy of ohfivepro on Twitter (definitely worth a follow, he often posts great stuff like this):

From the character designer who also worked on Tower of Druaga’s characters:

“By the way, this is the helmet I was wearing at the time. Certainly Namco’s senior Mr. Toyama should have been a favorite.
※ I borrowed the image from the internet.”

3 Likes

And speaking of ACA, Hamster celebrates 23 years, definitely one of the best retro porting companies out there:

1 Like

Oh wow, it’s so cool to see how they’ve created that wonderful artwork!

1 Like

Yeah, they’re doing great work and I love how consistent they are at releasing games on a weekly basis. There’s always something to look forward to!

1 Like

As already mentioned by AgentUnknown in the Sunday Night Shmup Thread, this week’s Arcade Archives release is Taito’s Metal Black.

Release date: November 17th

4 Likes

In celebration of Hamster reaching the milestone of having released an Arcade Archives title each week for an impressive 300 consecutive weeks, the company has announced Galaxian, their first '70s-era release, and Tetris: The Grand Master, their first 32-bit title.

Galaxian

Release date: Out now

Tetris: The Grand Master

Release date: December 1st

3 Likes

I recall being very impressed with Metal Black on the Taito PS2 collection.

2 Likes

Man, I miss those Taito collections. Such a great selection of games on both installments.

The Xbox version of Taito Legends 2 had a slightly different selection of games compared to the PS2 version, if I’m not mistaken. I had both versions, until I sold all my Xbox and PS2 stuff :frowning:

2 Likes

They were 480i though…

And Legends 1 came on a CD so the PS2 sounded like a plane taking off.

1 Like

It was a CD? I didn’t know that.

I had the Xbox version years before owning the PS2 version, so that’s the one I’ve played the most.

This week’s Arcade Archives release is Namco’s 1987 maze game Pac-Mania.

Release date: December 8th

Note: this game is also available on Pac-Man Museum+.

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago, Edia announced a crowdfunding campaign for a Telenet Shooting Collection for the Nintendo Switch. If succesful, the collection will be released sometime after June 2023 and feature the following games:

• Granada (1990, Mega Drive)
  • Avenger (1990, PC Engine)
  • Gaiares (1990, Mega Drive)
  • Psychic Storm (1992, PC Engine)

Right now, Edia has raised 57 percent of its target goal.

1 Like

A bit OT but I does anyone know if that Pac Man Museum Plus collection was patched for the input lag? I never heard that it was so I assumed not.

1 Like

Just checked and there’s an update available (I have the Switch version, by the way). I’m downloading it right now and I’ll report back with my findings.

Tested Pac-Mania. Still feels laggy, unfortunately :frowning:

Thanks. I’d heard about a patch but others reported the same thing - lag wasn’t fixed. It’s insane to me they would put out this game with lag. Why even bother?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a shame. Input lag is the reason why I’ve barely played certain retro collections (such as Sega Mega Drive Classics).

Namco’s 1990 platformer Marvel Land is this week’s Arcade Archives release.

Release date: December 15th

2 Likes

I used to love playing this on the Mega Drive. Classic yet tough game.

1 Like