Video Game Music |OT| - Not just Robot Farts and 5-Second Loops!

Yeah I think he adds just enough personality and unique info in-between reading his source texts. For me that’s just fluff between the tunes, but in a few episodes I’ve learnt something.

I was surprised by the variety and quality of the VB music. It makes me appreciate the “bleepy” music in Golf must have been an intentional style to accentuate the “Virtual Reality” aspect of the presentation?

Playing Banana Blitz on Wii and this beauty got cranked to 11.

1 Like

I can’t get enough of Yasui Yousuke’s work, didn’t realise he composed for a licensed DS action game as well until recently, need to check it out.

He did a great job with Natsuki Chronicle…still waiting for an OST release for it. And Mamorukun Curse’s music is criminally catchy.

I’ve been playing Opoona obsessively over the last week and the soundtrack, combined with the game’s beautiful locales, creates an absorbing, mesmerising world. I lost count of the number of times I stood still to just rotate the camera around because of it.

Some favourites:

1 Like

This is so good

Yuzo Koshiro does Ys II arrangement for 32 anniversary

I forgot about this thread (actually first time posting in it I think).

I posted these in the Genesis thread. Obviously not og, but I really like the synthesia version of Chemical Plant.

After listening to the above I went searching for the og Sonic 2 OST where i found the 16 bit audiophile project, which is likely known, but I just found it:

1 Like

This is crazy. I love it.

It only look half a year, but someone finally recorded the soundtrack from Natsuki Chronicle, another great Supersweep turnout.

‪Stage 5 in Rez - when you emerge from the primordial soup to see the vast blue ocean for the first time, to the sound of the strings from California Soul

2 Likes

Some highlights I just have to share from my Game Boy playing:

I love the level explanation music from Bomberman GB 3:

And the sound test mode from Fortified Zone/Ikari no Yousai 1 has a cool visualiser!

Balloon Kid is classic Hip Tanaka:

Unrelated, but someone managed to source the vocals for Wario Land 4’s intro scene:

Yuzo Koshiro guest DJ slot on UK radio, last night

1 Like

Full CD Rip from the Japanese special edition physical release of Bare Knuckle IV / Streets Of Rage 4

1 Like

Wow, listening to all his influences is a nostalgia hit. Listening to them now they all have that sound you can pick out from SoR. Funny that MTV was his channel into all this music. Ahh, back when MTV showed music videos, lol.

1 Like

I just discovered (Shazam, YouTube upload) that the music in Wii TrackMania is all from a stock music library. This has blown my mind!

1 Like

Dropped Fate/Extra, however Shinji Hosoe’s soundtrack certainly stuck with me:

1 Like