What tv are you using for modern gaming.

How do they know my wife?

1 Like

I’m getting to the point where I need a HDMI switcher as well and would appreciate any advice on a future-proof option (4k60/HDR). Would love if I could keep things under $50.

what about cheaper options for retro gaming? I have an old sony crt and I love it, but it takes up a lot of space and I don’t fire up my ps2 as much as I used to. I’d prefer to spend less than $400, but still get low input lag.

1 Like

Retrotink2x may be the right item for you.

1 Like

Yep, I have one and it’s amazing for the price.

I have an ossc - of course when it comes to deinterlacing, it doesn’t, really. I also have a vp50, but it’s starting to die, and while it looks great when it works, it’s not exactly low lag.

Old systems - old 20" 'HD Ready" Bravia. It’s no CRT, but at that size you can’t make out individual pixels at 720p, and older systems look acceptable via S-Video or RGB, with no visible post-processing on the image. But it’s not the image quality I prefer, and the motion blur is extremely obvious in games with dark colours. I really need to pick up a CRT.

New systems - 25" 1440p Dell Ultrasharp monitor. It’s honestly not ideal given everything gets upscaled to 1440p, and 25" is a bit too small for 1440p to shine in work-related tasks. But it does swivel for Tate orientation, which surely counts for something!

Panasonic TC-P46S1: PS3, og Xbox, Wii

PVM-1954Q: NES, SNES, Genesis, GCN, PS1, PS2

PVM-14L2: MiSTer

Wife’s old college Viewsonic VA721 monitor: Dreamcast - soon when my Kuro arrives! Please be excited! lol

1 Like

Philips momentum 436M6VBPAB for my xbox one x / PC.
3840x2160 VA panel with quantum dots, freesync (48-60).HDR 10, 1200nits peak brightness. HDR1000 certification.
3ms response time panel, built as a monitor so no image processing lag.

Great for cinematic stuff, really shines with HDR games.
Not great: amount of local dimming zones. Noticeable in really dark areas since you dont get the best blacks. I got this monitor a 1 1/2 years ago for the absolute bargain price of 350,- so really cant complain. I’m sure an expensive oled panel will perform better in certain scenarios, but firing up some forza horizon 4, shadow of the tomb raider, or assassins creed origins, and I instantly remember why I love this screen for what it does really well.

1 Like