Arcade Game/PCB Collecting: A Thread for Gamers With More Money Than Sense

Damn… it’s even cooler than I imagined. What are you going to play on that?

1 Like

I’ve got Final Fight in there right now. Trying to 1cc it but it’s very difficult.

4 Likes

Do you mind sharing the cost? Already got lots of expensive plans for my Aero but might be able to fit that one in :slight_smile: Are you happy with it?

Finally got everything set up and running. Got the controller wired for DB-15 tonight so it can interface directly with the H.A.S. It still has USB functionality too. Total childhood fantasy fulfilled with this one! Now to figure out which games to snag next.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m very happy with it. Cost me $45 shipped, but it arrived quickly and the quality was very good.

1 Like

I’m getting in on this AvP bandwagon—pic of my setup.

My restoration is basically done at this point, but I’m working on something special for the coin-op button…

5 Likes

Some explorers visit the abandoned Fukushima sega arcade

Just saw this, your set up looks great!

I realized I hadn’t posted a picture of my new SFA3 board here!

3 Likes

I can hear the music playing in my head from those screens

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a scratch remover for glass? I’ve seen a lot of Novus, but I don’t know if it’s just for plastic.

I’m wondering if a car paint scratch remover would work

Try a fine grade Cerium Oxide powder and just mix it into a slurry with hot water and rub it gently onto the glass in circular motions. I’ve had good success for light scratches on a CRT using this.

Novus is really just for plastics and is not really abrasive enough for glass, though it can help doing the final polish to the glass.

We used to have one of those Sega arcades in my city. Actually we had 4 at one point. All are gone now. 3 closed down and 1 bought by another company. So sad.

:cry:

1 Like

I was browsing around online for some Sega Naomi information I required and found out that someone had mirrored the excellent http://sega-naomi.com/ resource which has been inactive since 2013 but sadly had its forums disabled resulting in the loss of a lot of valuable information.

The mirrored/rebuilt site can be found at: https://sega-naomi.eu/

The best thing is whoever did this made a copy of the original forum and put all the old posts back online!

2 Likes

Cross-posted from the pickup thread, I picked up a Parodius Da pcb from a friend of mine. He was selling some boards to raise funds to buy another pinball machine. Super excited as Parodius Da is my favorite of the series. I like that the rank system is more challenging compared to the home versions.

5 Likes

Was very pleased to win an auction of a Taito F3 motherboard with Puzzle Bobble 4 for a measly £42 (GBP) and it finally arrived this morning!

However upon opening up the parcel it starts to get obvious that the Puzzle Bobble 4 is either a boot leg or a conversion. So I open up the game cartridge to find that (luckily?) this is a board conversion and from underneath the PCB you can tell that all the eproms that are not socketed have all been hand soldered in because no clean up job was done and there is a lot of flux residue remaining.

The Taito F3 board itself is Japan region and has not yet not had its region lock tabs removed:

Sadly one of the mounting legs on the plastic frame is damaged as well even though this was packed very well. I can glue the crack in the frame back together and it will can still easily be attached to a panel using just the 3 remaining mounting legs:

But way more importantly it all works!

Excuse my mess of a temporary testing bench:

For the price I paid I am not going to complain at all, though at some point I would like to purchase a legitimate Puzzle Bobble 4 and maybe look into using this game PCB to create a conversion of a more expensive title that I am very doubtful I would be able to afford such as Elevator Action Returns or Darius.

4 Likes

I keep eyeing the Taito F3 system. Would love to have Darius Gaiden Extra version in my cab.

:thinking:

Seems legit.

3 Likes

Dat height adjustable control deck tho