Best way to track and record your collection?

Huh, weird. That’s really odd…

@Radarscope1 As of right now, Game Value Now collection tracker is back up!

That’s good because I was thinking of going to a retro swap on Sunday in Guelph and my GVN list is the one that I’ve kept up to date, not my RFGen one. I really should just update them both at the same time whenever I get something new.

Sweet. All good.

Another one

https://ggapp.io

I’ve been thinking about just switching to a Google Sheet. I don’t really think I need much more than that and I always feel like I’m ignoring a lot of features provided by other trackers.

I recently switched to using Gameye and it’s fantastic. iOS/Android right now with a web version planned in the future. 100% free.

https://gameye.app/

Well Game Value Now is down again. I’m getting errors when I try to view my collection. I can log in, but the lists won’t show up. Anyone else seeing this?

Time to find another solution, I think. I don’t have confidence that this system will remain up and running much longer.

1 Like

Same for me. The DBs seem to have my data but the actual selects are failing for most platforms (but not all of them). It also shows a new beta version which also doesn’t work.

I wish they’d sort their shiz out because it’s the best thing I’ve found. I really like it.

It’s especially annoying right now. If prices are rising, I’d like to be able to view the list of games I’ve carefully selected as my most wanted so that I can grab a few while I have some money and before prices go higher.

1 Like

I was up like $10k when I checked. Prices on a lot of the elder Sega and Nintendo platforms and specifically PS1 have risen quite a bit I think.

I’ve just been using rfgeneration to log and I like it, only annoying thing is sometimes if you use the “add” button to search while in your collection a game doesn’t come up but if you go to their database search it will show as a result and you can add it. Not the end of the world but not sure why the difference in results sometimes.

Curious to look at GVM but not sure it’s worth the effort to switch even if it’s nicer.

I’d been using RF Generation and got tired of games not being in there so I just exported to a CSV and am using a Google Sheet. There’s no need for anything fancier.

Was there a specific group that was missing? Curious if it was mostly foreign games, or newer games, etc.

Anyone using Price Charting? Figure I might as well go right to the source. Started making a wish list for one system and it works pretty easy. I also just have to assume the support will actually be there unlike GameValueNow.

I collect a lot of retro Japanese computer stuff and about 80 % of it wasn’t in their database. I’m also weirded out by them not having proper SSL encryption. New games were an issue as well. I’d have to wait a week or so for games to be available for adding. I know they have a process to add stuff but it’s a pain in the ass so I didn’t feel like bothering more than a few times.

I took advantage of rfg’s slack security and created my own barcode scanner api that grabbed my login cookie and did searches and submitted add to collection forms. ~350 games

Any that weren’t recognised were saved to one side so that I could manually add them. ~50 games

I’m so frustrated that GVN is toast. It was the best one by far.

1 Like

Interesting, haven’t really had an issue but I probably have more popular japanese games for the ones I have.

Does SSL encryption really matter? At the end of the day it’s just a list so I guess that doesn’t bother me unless I’m missing something.

If you use a unique password and email for RFG you’re limiting your liability.

1 Like