There has been quite a bit of talk lately on the consumer CRT thread about TV issues, and I thought it would be a great addition to the board to have a general CRT resource, repair and troubleshooting thread.
Let me start of by saying that I’m not an expert in this subject. I find it very interesting, and I am learning, but I’m probably not as knowledgeable on the subject as quite a few others on this board.
-= VIDEO CLASSES =-
- This is a 4 part series. It’s an excellent class on casino monitor repair, and a must watch for anyone that wants to repair CRTs. It’s very in depth, and close to 8 hours long. I cannot recommend it enough.
-=VIDEO TUTORIALS =-
- Discharging the high voltage in a CRT.
- A short video explaining the diagnostic and repair process of a CRT, without documentation.
- Using convergence strips to adjust for convergence issues on a CRT.
-= FORUM POSTS =-
-= SERVICE MANUALS =-
-= SCHEMATICS AND DIAGRAMS =-
-= OTHER DOCUMENTATION =-
- TV Repair Guide - Large website dedicated to general repair.
- Large PDF focused on CRT arcade monitor adjustment.
Please add your own resources below, and I can move then up into this 1st post.