Do you have a list of Wii games with non-transferable saves?

I may have to transfer my stuff to a new console if I can’t repair my current Wii, and I remember some game saves are locked to the console. I was wondering if there was a full list of games that behaved that way, to know if I have some and if I can afford to lose them.

I don’t but if your Wii isn’t too broken you should be able to transfer all of them using homebrew like SaveGame Manager GX

1 Like

Also: homebrew is only needed to copy locked saves to SD card, not to copy them onto your new Wii.

Official transfer tool will also copy them.

1 Like

Yeah, but I wished I could know which had a locked save before trying, so that I can consider whether or not I need to use homebrew tools or if I can afford to lose those saves.

Isn’t the transfer tool only for Wii to Wii U?

Good points. Now I see your dilemma.

I don’t know how many saves you have on your Wii, but an easy way to tell if its just a few is to try and copy it to an SD card. If it lets you, you’re good. (this is how you would normally transfer a save from one Wii to another, not the transfer tool) I know Smash Bros is one, I want to say MAYBE Mario Kart but I could be wrong there. I think it was mostly online competitive games, I want to say I remember something about fear of cheating with save editing or something.

From everything I’ve managed to read its mostly just the games with the Nintendo WFC support.

I couldn’t find a comprehensive list either. Here are a few I know for sure:

• Elebits
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Monster Hunter Tri
  • NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
  • Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2
  • Super Mario Strikers Charged
  • Super Smash Brothers Brawl
  • The Last Story
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent
  • Trauma Center: New Blood