Dragon Quest 11 OT

The music throwbacks so far have the same effect when I played on 3DS: I wish I was playing those games instead.

I doubt this is the intended effect but for me it really puts into context some of the problems this game has.

As I progress I’m finding the game too easy. I should have started on Draconian difficulty. I’ve made it through the first area of the game and I’m working on the second.

i ended up turning the music down to 5. I love DQ music but I felt the audio mix was just too much.

What are the problems, for you?

I don’t want to get overly negative but the biggest thing is that I don’t like any of the characters in the game and found the character customization options lacking.

I started a tradition 2 years ago to play a sprawling adventure game with my young boys every winter (which gets pretty cold and snowy around these parts).

In 2016, we completed Paper Mario : Thousand Year Door.
In 2017, we played through Breath of the Wild.

This year, it’s all about DQ XI!

Graphics and music are so charming! The silent main character makes for some strange scenes though! I love the new perspective I get from playing these kinds of games with my sons… their curiosity really goes into overdrive! :slight_smile:

3 Likes