HEY! C'MON C'MON: It's the Giga Powered Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Lol… “small amount”

1 Like

I keep seeing these huge collections of MVS carts posted online. I always assumed I had a small amount.

:ok_hand:

you don’t have a Neo yet and you’ve got all those games? oh man haha…

(forgot to give you some answers, my bad!)

I’d probably go Supergun for the versatility it provides but I would absolutely recommend JNX if you do want to go the CMVS route ( also an excellent option). He is a true professional and does great work.

Sorry. I should have clarified. I have a 2-slot MVS but I don’t own an AES or NCD. The MVS carts and PCBS are leftover from my arcade/pinball collecting days. I was thinking about a supergun as I have a handful of PCBs I’ve kept over the years, but an AES + Romcart sounds good as well and I’m sure RGB will be great with Voultar’s new board. The Supergun vs Consolized MVS decision will ultimately come down price. If it’s around the same cost a supergun would be the better choice. Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions! I’ll take a look at JNX!

Huh. Well, my status update is usually on Thursday, but I feel it’s worth mentioning that it’s been exactly 5 months as of today. That feels like an accomplishment. Realistically, JNX could have hooked me up like 10 times over by now.

they really are assholes

still keeping the dream of buying a low model # (or whatever chicanery you gotta do for good RGB) AES one day with a flashcart, ideally one with good compatibility that doesn’t take an hour to load

ps fuck is ban puncher

I think ban puncher is shy about changing to a board where he probably won’t get banned anymore.

If he does come, we may need to preemptively ban him on principle just so he feels at home.

1 Like

I bought a broken AES + stick on craigslist this summer and sent it off for repair (some dude on ebay)… took like 4 months to get it fixed and returned but an AES is such gorgeous kit to have. I’m totally priced out on carts, hope to have a flashcart someday plus collect a few faves.

Okay, and now, since it’s Thursday…

22 weeks.

In meetings so I can’t expound on this.

I absolutely loved Neo Turf Masters. I even beat all of the Metal Slugs recently via a bartop arcade I built. While it wasn’t the best quality, it did the job. I guess I just didn’t like the wooden cabinet for it. Getting back on point, what would be the best way to play these games now? Would it be getting one of those 161 Games in 1 cart for the Neo Geo? Or do they have noticeable glitches in them?

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php is what you want…

Don’t go for the 161 cart - speaking as someone who owns it. Personally, I’d just grab the carts. Nothing beats the real deal

Does anybody have a NeoSaveMasta for their AES? I absolutely love mine.

I have professed my love for KoF '98 many times over, but I finally picked up a complete US MVS kit. It is my life’s mission to construct a Neo Geo inspired cab and host a '98 tourney on it. It will be dressed for the occasion.

Make a bartop arcade if you have the room :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea. :sunglasses: I was also thinking about making a bartop MAME/arcade using a mini PC/ITX and EIZO 1931 monitor I have lying around. I do have a MVS control panel overlay so I might make some sort of hybrid system in a box. The biggest hurdle to a bartop arcade is this guy who already called the bar.

Since I got banned from GAF eons ago by a certain individual who turned out to be a pedophile, I haven’t been able to interact with you folks until the recent schism. Checking out the board here and it’s cool. I’ll be around. :slight_smile:

As for the Neo, I have been looking for a reasonable priced Viewpoint for AES for awhile now and finally decided that $500 or more for one cart is not as good a deal as just buying this…

I haven’t had a chance to hook it up yet, or to buy a copy of Viewpoint for below $50 to play on it, but I’m very excited. I’ve owned an AES since the mid-90’s and have a decent collection of the low hanging fruit, but I like that the CD opens up to some more stuff.

1 Like

Yah. The CD is a great way to experience the 1990-1995 library.

1 Like

Oh, nice – you made over here. Always wondered where you disappeared to.

1 Like