Let's play (a SNES) game for February 2018

Lets just nominate across systems. With how hardcore this board is compared to gaf, im sure the winning game will be owned by most people. And then there are always other ways to check it out as well.

Btw: Busting those nuts needs to get more votes!

When is the vote decided? Voted for Tiny Toons!

Itā€™s usually a fun excuse to buy a game you donā€™t have as well.

Tomorrow at 5pm EST sound good?

Yes provided we put a limit on $$$ a game is worth. Say no more than $30 loose?

Yeah but I would love an excuse to buy some Kirby games on snes.

The JP versions are the way to go! KDL3 is English aside from the title screen and Kirby Super Star/triple deluxe isnā€™t really text heavy

Both are under Ā£10/$15 used on ebay

Looks like we are playing Super Castlevania IV!

This month is really short but CV4 shouldnā€™t take too long. How do we want to decide next months game? Should we start up the voting a week before the month starts?

Sounds good to me Socks. Iā€™d suggest we put in a rule that we have to change systems every month, if weā€™re going to only gave one Game of the Month. Thoughts?

How about SNES > Genesis > NES. Since Castlevania IV is picked for this month, lets roll with a new thread showcasing that game and once thats up, put a poll in the OT for next months game. That will alleviate thread clutter. Let the poll run till the end of the month and from here on out we can run a poll with the new game thread until 15th of each month. That will give people time to pickup the game before we start at the beginning of the month. If that all makes sense.

I like the way you guys think! @Kawika started this and I donā€™t want to steal it from him! If he wants to be in charge that would be awesome but If not one of us can take over.

I think I have started the only 2 letā€™s play threads thus far. I failed @ Super Ghouls & Ghosts but I played it a hell of a lot more because of the thread. I know someone wanted to rotate systems. I think we should nominate a game we want to play regardless the system and we can go from there. We should try to be mindful of the price as not everyone wants to buy an expensive game or use an everdrive device. We should try to keep rare games to a minimum unless we get a high roller thread going.

I think @BTails @Socksfelloff and I can be in charge. If one of us has a busy month we will take over for the other. Polls can start 1 week before the end of the month. Which means, voting starts Next Wednesday and will close on the 28th for Marchā€™s game.

1 Like

I think @blastprocessed has the best idea. Create a new thread for the February game ( cv4 ) and in that thread have a poll for the next game. People can discuss cv4 along with what they want to vote for next month and at the end of the month the game in the lead is the game we play.

2 Likes

If someone makes the Castlevania IV thread before i get a chance to tonight then no harm no foul.