Mega Everdrive Pro is coming, promises to compete with the Terraonion Mega SD. What are your thoughts?

Did they find the answer?

For the FM audio you need the SMS bios file, which gamesack didn’t have, but Krikzz has said that it shouldn’t have been a problem anyway and should be fixed I believe. For the CD audio on Pier Solar I think it was a file name issue.

The problem with the no SMS FM audio was because Joe didn’t have the sms bios file on his MegaEverdrive Pro SD card. You need to have that in the bios folder of the card. For Pier solar here is what Krikzz said

“CD image for pier solar was names same as game rom but with “_cd” suffix in the end? like that: piersolar.gen+piersolar_cd.bin+piersolar_cd.cue
As for FM audio, may be it was switched off in options? This core been used for long time with x7, shouldn’t be any problems there”

and then Joe replied with

“No, I didn’t know it needed _cd at the end. It was just a .md ROM file plus a .CUE and a .BIN I believe. I tried with the FM option both ON and OFF and neither triggered the FM in any game.”

and I see it was basically answered as I was typing this out.

Why would you need a bios for FM audio?

The original Mark III, aka the actual thing the FM attachment was originally for, has no bios. It’s a pure hardware add on, and all software is in the cart for the Mark III.

Seems you shouldn’t but it just wasn’t something that was checked since he just always had it. Why I always like to wait a bit on any of these enthusiast devices since they are made by one person/a small team most of the time there are a ton of things that just get overlooked/never thought about till it reaches the first mass of customers. Shit will get ironed out but at least it looks like nothing is wrong with it hardware wise so far, so everything should still be able to be made better with updates.

1 Like