Mid-Atlantic RGB: Old Bay, Old Games

Wooooorth it. I’m gonna feast lol.

Dude at Estarland said they still plan on doing a big gamer xchange but they have no dates in mind yet.

It’s interesting that that is the case since a while back when I was going regularly they had them planed month by month in advance with part of the website even dedicated to it.

Hey all,

Our local con, All Star Comic Con, just announced they are having Billy Mitchell appear for autographs, a panel, and selling his hot sauce. They also have an all day retro arcade.

RGB meetup?

Unrelated to the above, but a Round 1 arcade is scheduled to open in Towson, MD in 2019. Should have a meet-up.

Has anyone made their way to Xanadu? I was down near Ellicott City for soccer about a month ago with my son and we almost stopped in there to see what the deal was but it was Saturday so I didn’t know what they run on a weekend night? I’ve watched their stream on VGBC for Smash for years now pre-the new place.

Wow when did this open? I used to live in Laurel.

They made a big deal about the original Xanadu shutting down and then like six months later they announced this. They stream weekly on Twitch and the playerbase there is rather good. I think they’ve been open like six months now?

Never even heard of the original and I lived there for a few years. Surprising.

@balb and I are looking to make a trip to check out https://save-point-arcade.business.site/ at some point.

Anyone else interested in going/meeting up there?

Valley Forge PA checking in. Hi all - totally up for getting together at TMG. I missed last year but made it the three years prior. Already have my tix for 2019!

eStarland is a really cool store to visit but one thing I wasnt fond of was they dont put out any of their hand held games like GB, GG, GBA, etc. I asked about them and the person said they have them in the back but I would have to look on their website. A store I recently visited in VA Beach was Video Game Heaven with 2 locations and both were awesome, cheap prices, and good selection. [quote=“New002, post:63, topic:554”]
yet.
[/quote]

That place looks awesome. It it weren’t such a long long drive from me I’d check it out!

For sure man. Some pictures I took…

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but can anyone give recommendations of good shops in Brooklyn? I’m going to go to Brookly video games and Gotham City Games going off of google but was curious if there’s other places I should try.

1 Like

Tagging @Peltz and @Mega

I went to Brooklyn Video Game last year and the store selection isnt anything to write about, but there is a vibrant KOF02 scene that worth the visit.

I think it was decent for the size it was, it’s a lot smaller than I thought it would be but they had a decent variety. The biggest thing for me was they had pretty fair prices for everything so less important games I’ve wanted I was able to pick up. They had an ok selection in the case of more popular stuff but Gotham City games had a much better selection of rare stuff but at slight (~15%) markup from brooklyn video games from the stuff I looked at.

I’m afraid I don’t know the area as well as Manhattan.

Late seeing this but I really like Gotham City Games. It’s my go to store if I want to buy retro games in person. Follow them on Insta. They advertise occasional weekend and holiday sales, usually 10-20% off.