Nintendo Wii Appreciation/Collectors Thread

Played this game earlier this year. Lovely controls!

The level design was quite hit and miss though so it’ll be interesting to see what homebrew folk come up with. I had the most fun with the hotel room stages due to the many fans creating turbulence among cramped confines.

1 Like

My favourite was the :hamburger: fast food restaurant as it’s a kind of speed time trial level involving a good split of loose/fast flying and fine/slow maneuvering.

1 Like

Of course I’d be remissed not to give a shout to the best non-Nintendo published Wii game. Great recommendation for anyone just wanting to get lost in a beautiful game world.

1 Like

Okami is cool, though it being a PS2 port did make it a lot less special to me. What is your favourite third party Wii recommendation that was designed for the system specifically?

2 Likes

Here’s mine:

It’s a fun dumb popcorn flick, but in video game form. Lots of variety gameplay-wise and the motion controls are pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I tried D:DOC but progress was too slow for my short attention span and narrow window of opportunity to play. I wish I had more time.

1 Like

Well if it’s non-Nintendo and built for the system we’re taking about, then that might be Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon. Such a charming and engaging dungeon crawler to get into.

It does look good. I remember looking into the Unity port on Switch/PS4 earlier this year and the graphical downgrades from Wii are numerous…

Just look at this!

2 Likes

Always wanted to try this one! The rare instance where Monolith Soft got to make a game that isn’t a Xeno-RPG

2 Likes

I’ve had this on my shelf unplayed for 13 years… Got it on clearence.

2 Likes

Recommended collection for arcade enthusiasts. Not too often games like Dig Dug, Galaga, Mappy, Pac-Man, and Xevious are grouped together actually, especially with the less often re-released Dig Dug II:

2 Likes

I still want this for Pac Motos!

1 Like

I’m halfway through this video looking back at the Wii and its library

It’s pretty good - I appreciate that the 50 included games are included because they are interesting good, not necessarily because they are crowd pleasing good.

Games like Escape From Bug Island, Ju-On The Grudge and Alone in the Dark seem worth playing because of their uniqueness even though they may be riddled with issues.

5 Likes

No MaBoShi no deal.

No MotoHeroez either?!

otherwise a nice selection

Yeah, WiiWare picks thin on the ground. but lots of unexpected retail titles that I wouldn’t have given a second look.

I still want Escape from BUG ISLAND!

I have no idea what’s going on in this game. At least I know where you got your name!

Interesting way of bringing Centipede into 3D:

1 Like

Here’s my review!

https://blog.gingerbeardman.com/2013/06/29/maboshi/

If you still have questions let me know!

1 Like

I spent so many hours playing Circle in Maboshi’s Arcade. Such a brilliant game.

1 Like

:shushing_face:

2 Likes