Panzer Dragoon and Zweii are getting remade

Boom.

Quick @Peltz , hope for something else!

I’m very glad to see this, does anyone know how this differs from Mednafen or Yabuse? For that matter, I’d love an in-depth comparison between all Saturn emulators from the inside-out, from basic goals and code construction, to the usual compatibility and accuracy comparisons.

1 Like

From the (bare bones) Kronos site:

Kronos is a Sega Saturn emulator forked from uoYabause

I want pizza!

Fair enough, glad to know (very loosely) where it fits in!

This is $6.24 on the US eShop at the moment.

I decided to give it a try. I think this was discussed in another thread recently but damned if I can find that discussion. The initial release was messy with lots of frame pacing/framerate problems. That is no longer the case. It runs nice and smooth on Switch.

I enjoyed playing it through again beginning to end. I must be better at it now than years ago because I didn’t have too much trouble blazing through on Normal. It’s not bad, but something about it feels… less exciting than the original game. It seems… artificial? I dunno… the more I play modern remakes and remasters of the classics, the more I get turned off by them. So few capture the original game’s feel. It’s like looking at it through someone else’s distorted lens and it loses the magic.

It’s not always like that, but this definitely feels that way to me. Worth $6 for sure, but not something I will treasure like the original game.

2 Likes