PlayStation Portable |OT| EVERYWHERE JUST GOT BETTER!

bit of a cop out but Crash Team Racing is easily played via pops/playstation classics on a PSP/Vita and it’s one of my favourite racing games ever.

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy Motor Storm at all.

• GTi Club: Supermini Festa
  • MX vs ATV: Untamed
  • Burnout Legends
  • Midnight Club
  • Out Run 2006
  • Ridge Racers

I’m interested if there are any Japan I my racers I’ve missed.

Best PSP racers according to Japanese game ranking site MK2 http://pspmk2.net/smp/index.php?r=site/list&genre_id=40

List of all PSP racers
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/category/47-racing

Ate there any reliable aftermarket batteries for the psp

Sorry for the delayed crypto reply. :stuck_out_tongue: Always wanted to try Star Soldier PSP but thought the TATE looked like it would be uncomfortable having to claw grip the buttons since unless I’m mistaken on that game you can’t remap firing/special functions to different directions on the analog nub? I think I mentioned this in the Shmup thread but you can on the Capcom PSP collections which is amazing for TATE on games like Varth and 1941, remap controls on Dpad for TATE, map shot/special to up or down on analog nub, works soooooo good. It’s proper portable TATE years before Flip Grip. Unfortunately the Capcom collections are the only PSP TATE shmups I know of that let you do that. Others like Star Soldier, Twin Bee collection ect don’t.

Oh and just wanted to say this is an awesome thread. I still love my PSP 2000 (started with a phat), so many great titles and the emulators still work great (CPS1/2 emulators are incredible).

My all time faves:

Wipeout Pure (one of the best launch titles of all time and maybe the best soundtrack selection in the whole series)

Mega Man Powered Up (last I heard the level editor server is still up)

The Konami shmup collections

Capcom Classics 1/2

I never got into any RPGs on the system, I really need to remedy that.

Also, for anyone wanting to replay Cave Story without supporting Nicalis, there is an absolutely fantastic fan made Cave Story port for PSP which has proper widescreen which plays perfectly, it’s my go-to way to play the game now.

1 Like

You gotta get persona 3 portable and Jeane D Arc

1 Like

Not a cop-out! I’m tempted to pick this one up since Activision soured the remake with online-service-y distractions. The handling on CTR is incredible, the remake certainly brings it to life with its new animation but the original game plays so well.

Wow I didn’t know this! Which Capcom Collections in particular are you talking about - the only ones I owned were Power Stone and the Puzzle Collection, and the latter was outsourced and handled pretty poorly…didn’t realised they did an STG collection!

As for Star Soldier I found it perfectly playable, but like you mention it’s not exactly comfortable if you want immediate access to all your abilities. Don’t remember there being a remap option.

Tactics Ogre is an A-Class remake if you’re looking for an excuse to play one. But you can’t go wrong with a lot of the ports (well, the ones which don’t stretch the graphics to 16:9!) to be honest. Tales of Eternia is one of my favourites.

1 Like

It’s these two (Remixed has Varth and 1941, I don’t currently own Reloaded so forget which shmups it had), and thanks for the RPG recommendations. :grinning:

RetroArch on PSP just had NGPC core added

is it usable? I was under the impression RA PSP was basically a tech demo, not dissimilar from the PS2 version.

60fps

oh nice. I think the stand alone emulator (there might be more than one, even?) ran fine, but I didnt realize the retroarch cores for psp were receiving active development beyond just making more cores boot for kicks. All told, I don’t really get retroarch, so that’s my bias.

Interesting! I don’t remember seeing this one. Do you know who developed this one in particular? I was pretty disappointed with the Puzzle Collection but as I understand it that never released in Japan whereas this one did, so it could be a different developer?

1 Like

Another new RetroArch core for PSP.

Atari Lynx @60fps

Capcom Classics was done by Digital Eclipse, as far as I can tell they did a solid job on the emulation and it has lots of great unlockables like galleries, promotional art, tips, facts ect.

1 Like

Cheers for this! Explains a lot then, Puzzle Collection was handed to Sensory Sweep Studios. They didn’t do a great job with it compared with other retro compilations on the format. Ended up getting Super Pang Collection for my Pang fix…

1 Like

semi-impulsively bought a MHP3rd LE on eBay. Been wanting one of these for years and have been getting back in to PSP collecting so it seemed like a good time while I could afford to throw a bit of money away.

I have Remixed and Reloaded I think. They’re really great collections and they do run very well. It’s better Digital Eclipse than their earlier stuff to be sure.

1 Like

This thread has motivated me to finally pick up Reloaded in the near future.

I have nothing but fond memories of playing Remixed, was my first time ever playing 1941, Varth and Strider.

Capcom in general gave some great support overall to PSP.