Retro Game Boards Age Ratio?

Depending on the context they weren’t wrong. 1080p on a 27"+ monitor does look pretty bad for desktop use but for gaming it’s still A++

Hey all,
New poster here.

I’m in the 30-34 bracket for now.

My first computer was an apple mac classic (single 3 1/2" floppy drive, 7"? B&W screen). I didn’t realise it at the time, but played a lot of Apple IIe ports.

Finally got a real console in '96, a SNES (DKC fever!) ,and hooked up a 486 PC in the same year.

Feels like a good crowd here.

Peace

2 Likes

34 years, my first console was master system II , with alex kidd in memory. Good times

2 Likes

41 here. My first system was a 2600. I can still remember sifting through bargain bins looking for games!

25-29 here. I was lucky enough to experience the magic of moving through generational shifts - and old style game design - through handhelds, since I missed the 8 bit home consoles and most of the 16 bit generation growing up.

30-34

Dammit, even with the “old” crowd that hangs out here, I’m still old.

(40-44)

1 Like

I may as well throw my hat into the ring and say early 40’s.

This really sucks that I’m trying to look for a number of things to replace what I had 30 years ago and having no luck on anything. Getting old sucks, places you used to love going to are gone and all your shopping interests are online rather then going somewhere to browse or hang out. I don’t know how you kids manage, but I’m not really enjoying myself anymore.

30-34 here.

25-29 here, I’m 28 as of last September.

Getting on a bit…

Moved in the 25 bracket today

Happy Birthday!!

1 Like

42 years, my childhood was good.
I’ve stoped modern gaming, but I’ll never stop retrogaming.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the spirit, retrogaming for life!

2 Likes

I’m 44. I’ve recently been thinking about giving up on modern games after this gen ends. I’ve got so much to play, dating back to the SNES/MD, I often think why bother with anything new from this point ?

2 Likes

Yes, so much to play with my old games too, more wanted games to buy on those systems and I don’t even have a Famicom ! (I save that very special thing for someday, but it’s hard to resist)

2 Likes

I’ve been having that issue with everything, not just new games. I really need to sit down and play now instead of adding to the collection.

There will always be worthwhile modern games to play, you just have to pick your battles and stick to the really exceptional titles worth your time. For me, that means 3-4 modern games per year tops.

Yep I agree with that. I find that there are so many good games being released as time goes on though that I just fall further and further behind and the back catalogue continues to grow. I don’t want to miss out on playing any 4th - 6th gen titles that I might like but at the same time also like a lot of the modem stuff. I think I might draw a line in the sand and hold off buying any new hardware for 2-3 years to give myself some time to even slightly catch up. Not that it really bothers me being behind but sometimes I find myself rushing through games and not enjoying them as I should, which saddens me, (when I catch myself doing it).

31 years old. Began gaming in 1993\94.

1 Like