RGB High Score Battle! - Week 6: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX/DX+

Site is updated! Here’s our current week details:

WEEK 6
Game: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX/DX+
Platform(s): XBLA, PSN, Steam
Challenge Type: High Score
Game Details: 5 Minute Score Attack, Normal Difficulty
When: Apr 9th - Apr 15th, 2018

I’ve updated the website with the new game, let’s get munching!

Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!

RULES

1. Competitions last one week, close on Sunday night @ midnight.
  2. Post screenshots in this thread as proof.
  3. The winner from the previous week chooses the next game to play.
  4. You cannot choose twice in a row. 2nd place will choose if someone wins two weeks in a row.
  5. If there’s a tie, the person that submitted the high score first gets to choose.
  6. Games must be high score compatible (think “arcade style scores” like Pac-Man, or Spy Hunter, not Super Mario).
  7. Emulation is okay (MaME is often the best for high scores).
  8. No save state manipulation (pausing to take a break is fine though).
  9. Submit scores as soon as you get them! To keep the competition rolling and fair, do not hold on until the last moment to submit.

Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.

POSITION POINTS AWARDED
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 2 points
Any honest attempt: 1 point

Overall, we should keep it simple. This is just a good time, not a crazy official high score competition! Game plays should ideally be short and fun so people that can’t invest hours into this can still compete. Obviously we are working on a trust based system here, so don’t ruin it for the others!

Here’s a simple website I made to keep track of the competition.

Uhhh… What level? I’m confused by the menus haha

Hopefully someone else can chime in here. I have never played this version. @DaveLong ?

I believe Championship II is the first level by default

Woah… amazing game for high score battling! Nice choice.

I’m at my son’s soccer tryout atm so I can’t boot it to check, but I suggested default first map so I think as @blastprocessed notes, that is Championship II. Five minutes. Default bomb settings, etc.

I envy anyone playing this for the first time as I think it’s a brilliant reinvention of Pac-Man and yeah, it’s perfect for score chasing! Enjoy!

I’m not so sure… Seems a little clunky to me. Maybe I’m doing it wrong?

I took a quick video of my game play.

Anyone have any tips?

Here it is.

1 Like

I fully expected to be Rickrolled. I LOLed. :smiley:

Just checked Championship II Score Attack 5 min

Also is this the best way to show our scores?

That’s probably best though there is information in that graph! :wink:

Seems I forgot I can save screenshots on the xbone. Also, the default difficulty appears to be beginner. I played on normal. Is that what we’re doing?

I would think normal.

Yes normal. I’ll update the thread.

Yeah, something is not right. This game consumed my life for a couple months back when it first game out on 360 and it took me ages to approach 400k.

I don’t have a 360 but I have DX on the PS3.

Yeah. Just got done playing one and we want to do Normal difficulty. Five minutes on Championship II. Also, it’s DX+ and not the original DX. Plays as back compat on Xbox One.

Firsr try. I have 1.3 million in the leaderboards so I can do better. :slight_smile:

Are you referring to the scores already posted? I chose the first game mode as directed; the only default setting changed was that I played on normal instead of beginner. I’ll add also that I played this and CE quite a bit when they launched, so I am not new to the game.

Yeah, I was. Might be misremembering my old high score. Anyway, I’ll hop on this a bit later. Watching some TV with the missus right now…

You’re thinking of the original Pac-Man CE. That was a lower scoring affair and did not speed up like it does in DX+. Still great, but this is a little better and more manic.

Improved…

Yeah DX+ is different from CE, but if I’m reading correctly, the scoring is the same on DX & DX+.

Crossed the 1 million mark