Site is updated! Here’s our current battle details:

BATTLE #42
Game: In The Hunt (World ROM Version)
Platform(s): Arcade
Challenge Type: High Score
Game Details: Full Game
When: Nov 15th - Dec 14th, 2021
Chosen By: GraveyardDuck

I’ve updated the website with the new game, man the periscopes!

Good luck everyone, please submit your scores via screenshot or video by replying directly to this post!

RULES

1. Competitions last two weeks, close on Sunday night @ midnight.
  2. Post screenshots in this thread as proof.
  3. The winner from the previous week chooses the next game to play.
  4. You cannot choose twice in a row. 2nd place will choose if someone wins two weeks in a row.
  5. If there’s a tie, the person that submitted the high score first gets to choose.
  6. Games must be high score compatible (think “arcade style scores” like Pac-Man, or Spy Hunter, not Super Mario).
  7. Emulation is okay (MAME is often the best for high scores).
  8. No save state manipulation (pausing to take a break is fine though).
  9. Submit scores as soon as you get them! To keep the competition rolling and fair, do not hold on until the last moment to submit.

Points will be awarded for the entrants, based on the position finished for the week. This is to encourage wider participation, and the points will be posted each week as well as on the website.

POSITION POINTS AWARDED
1st: 10 points
2nd: 7 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 3 points
5th: 2 points
Any honest attempt: 1 point

Overall, we should keep it simple. This is just a good time, not a crazy official high score competition! Game plays should ideally be short and fun so people that can’t invest hours into this can still compete. Obviously we are working on a trust based system here, so don’t ruin it for the others!

Here’s a simple website I made to keep track of the competition.

3 Likes

Gotta say @GraveyardDuck, I’m excited about this. I’ve only ever booted this game up to see what it’s about, but I have heard great things. I can’t wait to see what it’s about!

Great choice. <3

3 Likes

I love this game so much. Metal Slug fans will be right at home here. Looking forward to some great competition!

1 Like

I’m excited as well! I’ve just purchased In The Hunt from the eShop and I can’t wait to see how far I’ll be able to go on 1 credit. Tomorrow is my day off, so I have plenty of time to practice!

2 Likes

Might be worth specifying if the challenge is for Japan or World ver (They have different level orders, which might affecting standings and rank, etc. The 32-bits ports uses the Japanese level order. The arcade archives release has both).

Also the Saturn port has a scoring bug.

What would you recommend? The Arcade world ver.?

Your call. I prefer the World level order but the Japanese one is what the game was designed with in mind.

@GraveyardDuck thoughts?

Let’s do the World version

1 Like

Updated the main info up top

I’m sure this score will be beaten swiftly by you guys, but I must say it felt good to finally complete level 1 in a single credit.

1 Like

Cool game, but I only have the ps1 port so I’m gonna sit this one out.

You don’t have a computer of any sort to emulate it on?

Here’s my first go at it!

1 Like

If more people wanted to get in on this, we could always just forego the difference between rom regions and just open it up to whatever version people have. Its more for the fun of playing than anything.

1 Like

(Switch release, World ver).

2 Likes

Played this game quite a bit on my day off. I couldn’t believe I was ultimately able to reach level 3 without dying!

2 Likes

Page updated with the latest scores

1 Like

Good things happen when you don’t reset after dying in the first level…!

2 Likes

Made it midway through stage 3 before it all fell apart.
Switch - world ver rom

1 Like