RGB High Score Battle! - Battle #44: Bomb Jack

Nice, what stick are you using? That’s is how I’ll be playing it too.

1 Like

That looks sweet!

1 Like

Cool, I see you are using a 16:9 monitor. That’s what I was using a first but was lucky to find the HP 4:3 equivalent of full HD monitor. It looks pin sharp with the vertical scanlines.
Love your stick too. Very cool.
My stick is a home made project. For the base I’m using a TR Fight stick. Really solid metal base with a heafty weight to it.

It has 8 face buttons, 3 side and 3 back. The back buttons are slightly smaller than the others.

Inside I’m using a Brook arcade USB board and full on Sanwa buttons and stick.

1 Like

Beautiful! Nice stick.

Yeah it’s my main monitor on my PC, I use it in vertical orientation for TATE, then just swivel it back for normal use.

My stick is a custom setup too. Sanwa parts. Controller is a custom mix of stuff so it’ll work on PC as well as any retro system.

2 Likes

Man that stick is so nice looking

1 Like

You guys are making me jealous :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, having flexibility on a stick is great. There a toggle switch on mine which allows it to work on PS3 and PS4 although I’ve never tried that option. I really should do as I’ve a few good 2D games on the PS4.

Cheers man. It wasn’t so hard to build either.

Now that’s more like it!

1 Like

Less than a week to go! Anybody else want to give it a shot?

I’m def. going to put up a score here. My PC died and the motherboard is currently out for RMA, but I have my setup running again with an older Mobo and CPU.

Gotta give this one a shot!

1 Like

It’s the final day! :scream:

1 Like

I dunno what’s going on but I can’t get MAME running :frowning:

Need to get my computer back, sent the mobo in for RMA… this old temp one is just junk.

1 Like

Awww, that’s too bad :frowning:

1 Like

I totally was going to set this up on MAME and never got to it.

2 Likes

Congrats @retroman, you’re the winner of this battle!

@Yakumo you got 2nd place but retroman picked last time. What’s your pick for the next battle?

1 Like

Oh wow, cool. Okay I’ll stick with arcade as that’s easier for everyone.
I choose Undercover Cops by Irem.
World rom.
Standard default settings
Top score on 1 credit.

I’d actually want to do fastest lap on Saturn Sega Rally Championship but I’m not sure if everyone would have access to that due to not owning original hardware.

1 Like

We actually did that one already, back in Apr 2018!

That’s great news for you though, because I always welcome people going back and competing for scores and times on old battles, and will update the page with the results.

1 Like

Can you do me a favour please? I can’t seem to get MAME running on this PC, but need a high quality screenshot for the website. Can you go into the game, play a few mins and take a screenshot of the action for me? Something in 1920x1080p with no bilinear filtering is fine.

Thanks!

Sure, but it’s now 7:55am so it may be a while. I won’t get home until about 8pm. I’ll send over a screen later on.