RGB High Score Battle! - Week 5: Sega Rally Championship

I wanted to get something in. I think I can do better but I may not have time to try.

I think I’m beat. I will revisit my old times at some point, but tonight is not the night.

Another challenge in the future on the first course in time attack free run would be interesting to see?

Times updated on the site. Not sure I’ll have time to put any more attempts in unfortunately… Might get lucky, but I doubt it.

Had one last effort last night and achieved the below. Still want to get a sub 3:20 time but will give it a break for a little while. I took a video of the replay but with an hour gone only 3% of the file uploaded so hope you all understand me giving up on that idea! Will see if I can compress it during the week for a faster upload but I’m not too knowledgeable on that stuff…

Fucking awesome game choice, REALLY enjoyed revisiting it with the added incentive of competition. Am honestly astonished at how well everything from the feeling of the different surfaces to the car physics hold up considering its age.

.07 yay! This is super annoying, when I do a good run on Desert, the last green car in the last wide turn is right in the middle of my perfect trajectory. It makes me fuck up. A slightly worse run and I can turn right behind it and do better times… I did 54"xx at one point, but that happened only once haha

I’ll be coming in hot later tonight unless I get fucked over by work again.

@raskulous get ready to update that #1 spot

Agreed! Feels great for a 95 release and had a blast chasing times. Wish I was able to get a lower time, but I’ll revisit this again soon.

Rofl I’m rootin’ for ya.

I need to get this game. I’ll probably pull the trigger on ordering it from Japan, for PS2. Especially since we’re talking about revisiting it.

Where do we vote for or see the next game? I’m missing it…

Tom is the winner unless someone beats his time tonight. He’ll pick the next game.

Hope you can get my last time in Rask. Thanks for choosing this game, Khaz. Just one of the all time greats. Sega was on another level when they made this game. Brought back a lot of memories from when I played the crap out of this back in 96.

Ah, that’s right. Ok, I’ll wait and see…

Well after 1.5 hours this is the best I could come up with, which is about 1 second short of failing. That third track just wrecked my times.!

This game is really fun! I wish I had time earlier in the comp to get in on this. I’ll definitely be playing it on my own later!

Congrats tomwhite2004!

You’re this week’s winner, and you get to choose the game for next week.

Thanks to everyone for our most active competition yet!

I’ll get the site updated, and the new game up as soon as we find out what we’re playing.

Congrats Tom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to throw my high scores up.

1 Like