RGB High Score Battle! - Week 5: Sega Rally Championship

Damn… I have my work cut out for me.

Just a quick reminder to everyone.

We are keeping track of cumulative points for these competitions to encourage wide participation. Even if you can’t get 1st place, get some submissions in there to get some points!

Maybe next week’s game is a genre you love and you’ll kill it!

Yes, take me for example. Don’t have a chance in hell. :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure where I can shave off a full second though :thinking:

I’m still trying to figure out how to shave off 8 seconds

1 Like

Looking at my replay it becomes more obvious haha. Plenty of wall hits in Forest and Mountain, along with corners terribly negotiated.

Trying a YouTube upload, see how it fares

I’ll try again tomorrow, now I need to feed myself.

Do you use the exterior or interior view when playing?

This helps a lot, thanks! Desert and Forest Im good, its hitting the wall in mountain thats killing me.

Always exterior, for every racing game. I can’t deal with the reduced field of view and seeing only a wall texture when I’m drifting through a U-turn. (I probably shouldn’t drift through U-turns.)

Basically what I posted is what I played.

You are way better through the right hander after the first checkpoint (probably half a second better in the Desert stage overall) and the hairpins on the second and third stage, it seems that the exterior view makes it much easier to manage the backend of the car and positioning in those situations.

I love the interior view for racing games but there are exceptions, I wonder if I would have been better off learning to play with the view you are using.

The desert run is far from perfect. Opponents block the road sure, but the turn left after the puddle should have been straight, no drifting. Same as the chicane going out of the woods. I’m pretty sure I can achieve a 54"xx, but I didn’t want to restart after a moderately good run.

Thanks for the video, it helped me quite a bit. I am really struggling on the desert stage. You may have been at 2:20 if not for that hairpin turn on Mountain. Great job still though.

Finally made it in to the 20’s

1 Like

Here I come lol

2 Likes

Getting there! And that was after being .37 behind after Desert, in which I completely messed up the last wide turn for no reason.

One turn I have no idea how to take is the right angle right turn over the cliffs in Mountain. I painfully slow down and turn, but the opponent who was right behind me just breezes through on two wheels!

I can probably do at least .50 better as I keep messing up my first to tracks.

1 Like

Dang

Nice time dude!

Damn the Celica’s slightly higher top speed and what feels like better grip on the asphalt makes a huge difference. The below lap wasn’t as tidy (had two minor wall knocks on the mountain stage) as my best Delta time but still faster.

3 Likes

Wow at some of the times in here… well done.

2 Likes