RGB November 2019 Japan meetup!

RGBnoDaikai
On our discord a few of us have been considering the possibility of arranging a Retro Game Boards meet up in Japan and it would also appear a lot of you love the idea of visiting Japan for the first time but keep finding excuses to keep putting off going. So let me try to give you a reason!

Myself and @Laevateinn will be in Japan over thanksgiving week this November and would like to invite RGB Members to tag along as well for our first meetup in Japan!

Members confirmed to be attending:

1. @Suteneko
  2. @Laevateinn

Members interested in attending:

1. @New002 +1
  2. @Yakumo
  3. @balb

A private discord will be setup to discuss the finer details nearer the time.

PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST!

As of right now my wife and I plan on being there during that timeframe.

I will attend if it’s in the kitakyushu / Fukuoka area. I live at the very bottom of Honshu in a city called Shimonoseki. I doubt anyone will come here though but Fukuoka City is a good place to stay.

I think for most people meeting up in Tokyo would be the easiest as the airport terminals there tend to be in general cheaper to fly to. I much prefer the Osaka (Kansai) region myself. This is obviously something we should discuss.

That said rail transport in Japan is great and RGB members visiting several different locations together is rather quite possible. While I have never bought a JR Rail Pass before as I find it cheaper and more convenient to use slower and more local trains without the 7 consecutive day limitations, a JR rail pass could possibly enable this to be viable in a short period of time.

Enabling any members whom this trip would be their first to Japan to experience more would be great as there is much more to see than just Akihabara for retro gamers.

Multiple meetup timings in different cities within Japan could work for sure.