RGB OT's Mega Thead

When I saw the Wii U was getting a thread on a retro board before anything older than the NES, I changed my mind about not making OTs and did an Intellivision one. :wink:

1 Like

Open call for someone to replace my Sega CD thread.

Didn’t have time in the last couple days to do anything on the Wii U thread btw.

Appreciate it!

Any chance we can get some sort of template for console OT’s? Some of the OT’s are really useful, contain lots of good information for collectors / fans, and have links to great resources that can otherwise be hard to find. Others are bloated with images and game screenshots and lack any real depth. I assume that most users going into the threads are already aware of the basics and are looking for some meaty info, but maybe i’m wrong.

Don’t use the N64 OT as an example. The writer was clearly being an ass when he wrote it.

Realistically, the Intellivision OT, NEO GEO OT and Arcade Collecting OT are safe bets to go by. They don’t have to be long, just interesting to read. Really anything other than the Sega CD OT is good. (Lol).

And don’t worry about making things “perfect”. OTs are more about the discussion than the OP. They can always be updated too. And we aren’t a super formal group on this site. So no one is going to be mad if you spice things up with humor.

The most important guideline is to have fun with it.

1 Like

@Peltz nailed it. We do encourage informative OTs but at the end of the day they are just a place for discussion. Anyone can go on Wikipedia for the specs and best sellers of a console but you come to the OT for the juicy discussion below it!

did dreamcast finally get done? i’m doing the proper Sega-CD one now!

a fate worse than death

Dreamcast is still in purgatory! You’re welcome to it!

1 Like

I’m working on PCE now.

I’ll do a Mark III/Master System thread soon unless somebody else is interested.

We need foobarry for that MSX action!

aw what
i assumed SMS already had dibs - i’d love to do that, or work with Dlo on it!

@IrishNinja I’ve started a draft to cover SG1000 and M3/MS in one thread:

Sega 8-bit (SG1000 to Master System) |OT| - Taking it to Mach III

Let me know what you want to contribute with :slight_smile:
I just did the PCE one and I think I end up wring long magazine articles for everything lol.

Put me down for making a Vectrex one unless anyone else really wants it.

Can the Switch have a thread? It’s not retro, but it’s the only current system I like.

I don’t see why not. The community and boards are retro, but all gaming discussion is in bounds.

Been sick the last few days, but I have a draft of a Wii U thread done. I need to fill in a few more things, add images, and edit it but I might have it up later tonight.

DLo - that sounds good, i was just gonna add the best SMS games in a section if anything!

I could do the VB one, maybe Lynx and DS too!

Might be worth pinning a master list containing links to each console OT for easier navigation.

I’ve been thinking of turning this post into that. I’ll do it this morning with my coffee!

Edit : Done