RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Picked up some Master System goodness today. All of them are CIB with manuals.

All in all it was about 2/3rds going market pricing, wish I’m okay with. The controller and phaser were $5 each, so that’s good.

6 Likes

What games do you want to use your Light Phaser with?

Spellcaster
:heart:

I had that as a kid, I remember losing it, which wasn’t like me (OCD organisation!) I spent all summer looking for it, racking my brains, turning my room inside out! when I returned to school in September my friend gave it back to me and said “thanks for lending it to me” :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’ve already got two phasers, both of which aren’t working… they are misaligned and in repair state, and I’m sure I can get the one working again… the other one maybe not. I just picked up this one as a working unit for cheap because why not!

I really like Shooting Gallery and Safari Hunt on the system, but those are the only ones I have spent time with (I had them as a kid).

I haven’t really played much of the other games, but I’ve heard good things about Gangster Town, Rescue Mission & Marksman/Trap Shooting. I really like the gun games in general, so I’m sure I’ll have fun with any of them.

Recent SNES stuff from last month

3 Likes

That reminds me I need to order those sleeves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kirby’s ghost trap is the Japanese name?!

Wait… are Puyos ghosts?

Oh wait it’s just PAL (phew!)

The game has 3 forms. The original being Puyo Puyo. The EU version called Kirby’s Ghost Trap and the US version being Kirby’s Avalanche. Of course the original Puyo Puyo is the best :):smiley:

This many! Sure was fun carrying that into Tokyo St and boarding the Narita Express.

2 Likes

That’s the problem these day. Cases are too small. When I used to make the trips to Japan I’d take a massive Samsonite case with just a few changes of clothes leaving space enough to fit in 2 AES boxed systems and a few smaller items or a crap load of games. I remember one year I came back with a Wondermega, White Saturn about 10 Mega drive games and around 20 Saturn games as well as other stuff. It was a pain to move around even with it’s wheels due to the size and weight. I can only imagine how much of a pain it must have been to move those 3 cases on your own. Mind you, this was 23 years ago when the weight limit on cases was way more than it is now.

1 Like

Atelier marie for the Saturn arrived, and it came with little plastic cards of some of the characters. Very cool.

2 Likes

I guess this can go here too, brand new PC CRT…

5 Likes

Got a copy of Metroid at a local pawn shop with instruction manual both in great shape for only $16. Back of the manual has passwords written down by the original owner, always fun to find stuff like that. Also got a new Retrobit s-video cable for my Dreamcast above for only $6.

4 Likes

I still need to grab Metroid on NES. Nice looking manual on this one.

1 Like

Having the manual makes a big difference, I’ve lost count of the times that I have found some useful information, gameplay tips or some controls that I didn’t know existed by reading the manual, even on games I have played for many years.

2 Likes

They used to expect you to actually read those things! It’s true though that often I would be playing and have no clue some feature or function existed in a game (or that there was a map!) because I forgot to look in the damn book!

@AgentUnknown Great snag on that S-Video cable. Given your want to stay cheaper, that’s a hell of a buy. :slight_smile:

We’ve been talking about it. Here’s a pic of mine. Arrived yesterday…

1 Like

Looks good, more comfortable than a standard MD/Genesis pad?

It’s a bit more substantial than the 6 Button controller and probably on par with the original 3 button in heft. It’s light, but doesn’t feel cheap at all. Most important though is the precision. It just seems to respond perfectly and @Kawika’s post in the other thread seems to bear that out with technical proof.

It will be a long wait for my 2.4g M30s to ship to Australia.

At least you know it’ll be worth it!