RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Saturday night slam masters (called muscle bomber on the SFC) is a blast in 4 player mode

Cheers!
I’ll shall check it out.

so jelly! god i miss my PS2 map

Really nice poster, love the colours.

I paid about the going rate, but I really wanted a new Genesis game that I hadn’t played. I’m digging it! Reminds me that there are so many alternate control/attack schemes in games from this era. It’s super unique and has some solid tunes too. Perfect condition. 10% off the price as shown.

2 Likes

Yes that’s the second CIB GnG I’ve gotten in as many months but the previous one had a rough manual and this one was dead mint and the deal was too good not to grab it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Those are hot! I love that Sega Genesis clamshells have stood the test of time. I am still amazed at how many loose carts are out there given how awesome the packaging was for Genesis games.

This is one of the reasons I love collecting for the Master System… It’s really not that expensive to collect CIB versus the likes of NES/SNES

1 Like

Tax return time basically Christmas for me. Bought a ton of stuff online that I’ve always wanted, and building a PS2 and Xbox collection. I’ll post that stuff when all of it gets here.

In the mean time yesterday went to a local retro game store and bought a few things. Mostly went in for a PS2 slim and a Xbox, but ended up buying a few games as well.

Already had Halo 2 from my old collection but it rusted badly.

Then went back today on the walk back from McDonald’s. Said what the hell I’ll stop in and get a few cheap filler games. Got a free Mario 3 poster as well.

6 Likes

Three classics that everyone should have in their collection. I’ve never noticed this before but those US versions have he exact same box art and layout as the PAL versions. I always thought US boxes were designed differently.

I often joke with my closest retro store that they should throw loose Genesis carts in the garbage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hate that Sega went from plastic clam shells on both the SMS and Genesis to cardboard boxes on later Genesis releases.

I stopped at a different shop today and saw that SMS Thunder Blade box had Hang-on/Safari Hunt cart and manual inside it so I mentioned it to the clerk. He thanked me and before I left I asked if he’d sell just the manual (the copy I have once belonged to my brother and is missing the manual) and he let me have it for free. Not like anyone would be buying it but still nice of him.

1 Like

The rusty Halo 2 cover somehow looks more fitting!

Some recent pickups. Looking forward to playing Mario Clash!

4 Likes

Mario Clash is underrated but really could’ve used a battery save files to elevate the experience. You’ll see what I mean when you play it.

Yeah, I opened the cartridge expecting a battery to replace but I was surprised by how tiny the circuit board was instead.

Only played the first eight levels so far, I’m surprised that the controls were a complaint. Sure, they are different, but they also feel fine to me. The game seems to be designed to be played with the triggers doing movement (L for run, R for jump) and then the A button to throw. Which works fine really, especially as sometimes you’ll be running, and jumping, then throwing a shell in mid-air.

Right d-pad throws too if I remember correctly.

Found some real nice things out and about over the last month, good prices too.

Kirby is one of the few 1st party SFC games I still need, and I wasn’t expecting to find it at all. But the local store got a stack of miscellaneous sports games and this hiding at the back, for only 700y!

I’ve had my eye on MGS Integral for a while, since i noticed it had English. Alas I left it one day only for it to be gone the next. Finally found it again for 480y.

And Zelda was a measly 400y. Sticker said scuffed box, torn manual and scratched disc. The box seemed pretty decent to me though… and sure enough, there’s not a single scratch on the disc, and the manual is fine as well, not even a crease lol.

I sold my original when i got the HD version for free on Wii U. But look at that box art, who could resist? Plus one of these days i’ll sort out GBi with a hacked save :smiley:

Gradius Deluxe Pack is another “quit smoking reward” i purchased online. Going 4+ months now. It was 2500Y, not sure if that’s a great price, but it seems fairly reasonable compared to most shooters! I’m only missing Gradius 4 now, but i’ll need a machine to play it on first!

8 Likes

The Gradius Deluxe Pack is a great compilation. It even includes the bubble music :smile:

Congrats on picking up Kirby’s Dream Course. It’s secretly one of the best local multiplayer games ever made.

Like… it’s even on par with the best Super Smash Bros games. It’s THAT good.

Single player is cool too. But multiplayer is the real draw.

1 Like

Glad to finally pick up Super Metroid and Turtles in Time. Couldn’t pass them up for $10 each. Now all I need is to get Super Castlevania 4 again. Been wanting to play it recently after playing a lot of Bloodstained.

9 Likes