RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

$10 is a steal on those games. Nice! Why are there two copies of Donkey Kong Country?

Those are both $40 or more loose. Nice haul.

Got the other one as trade bait

Makes sense. Thanks!

Missed out on this at launch years ago, always wanted to play it. A nice copy came up on Ebay, made an offer and was accepted. No regrets.

5 Likes

awesome pickup, shame grev don’t put out shmups of that calibur anymore. fingers crossed their exa arcadia titles do well and stimulate more home releases. fuck me is bd brutal though, don’t think i ever got past stage three in one credit!

This is a game I never thought I would own because its going rate is way out of my price range. A week or two back I placed a ridiculously low bid on a copy and here it is today.

Super excited to have this.

8 Likes

Great game!

1 Like

Borderdown! The music in that game is so good :sob:

1 Like

I had no idea G Rev was mostly ex-Taito staff. That makes BD even better to me.

yep, border down is a spiritual successor to metal black and that started development as a darius sequel.

edit: starting at 4:45 is a nice section on g.rev and the creation of border down.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that video. Great stuff.

1 Like

Zelda’s worth buying again for the original graphics - always thought the Wii U version mix of lighting styles made it look very inconsistent in scenes away from bright sunlight.

Having finished Legend of Legacy lately I decided to pick up an old SaGa title. Didn’t realise SaGa 2’s predecessor was the first Square game to shift over 1m units!

The battery is dated September 1991, so I think this cartridge might have been from the initial print run when the game launched in North America in November of the game year.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Now the controls make even more sense: since you’ll be throwing in any of four directions using the right D-Pad is the most efficient way of dispensing of a shell, so the game really is designed as a dual D-Pad game with the triggers handling dashing and jumping.

The later print was published by Sunsoft weirdly. I got them in like 1999.

I got home from running some errands today and spotted a GBA game cart sticking out of the dirt under the front steps, lol.

It wasn’t in good shape:

…but it works after opening and cleaning! I’m not familiar with the game but doesn’t seem like it review too well upon release. It’s not mine so I’m quite surprised it worked after surviving at least nine Pacific Northwest rainy winters. Apologies to the small insects who called it home and are now deceased.

5 Likes

I went to a motor race near York, PA today so I stopped in the Just Press Play there. 10% off retro is always nice for case items. I splurged a little to fill a couple holes…

Castle is in great shape. Box is a little shabby at the hinges at the top and the manual has some cover creases but I used to own the game and I wanted to get it back in the collection. Best Mickey game IMO.

I have never owned Granada and the price was good for cart only. Looking forward to playing it!

4 Likes

So um… this is funny I bought the same game today.

Bummer Hyperstone didn’t have a Manual but I got it for $60 so I am not complaining much. Now the hunt for the manual will haunt me.

The hype for my Analogue SG is real.

Edit:

So now I am officially in collecting Sega Genesis business.
I want the entire Streets of Rage, Shinobi collections.
I know I am going to get Gunstar Heroes, Trouble Shooter, Ghouls & Ghosts and a lot of the Sega games that I identified with the System. Its a hard pill for this former Nintendo Fanboy to swallow but I am really starting to love Genesis/MD

7 Likes

Castle of Illusion sold on both coasts in the same day! That Shinobi III you got there… I wish I could play that for the first time again. So good.

2 Likes