RGB Pick Up Thread Of Swag!

Some of my games that I’ve ordered have come in, but I’ll post those all at once. on the other hand I bought 2 arcade marquees. Want to pick up a few more just don’t know 100% what ones I want yet.

5 Likes

The real sleeper hit is the Master System version.

2 Likes

Totally… It’s faster paced and has more puzzle elements. I enjoyed it far more than the Genesis version!

Sonic 3 was my childhood. I remember it came out on Groundhog Day and they made a big deal about it that in the commercials (even though he’s not a groundhog).

1 Like

That was ported to Game Gear right? I have that version. It is excellent. Mickey hasn’t really ever gotten his due since although World of Illusion is gorgeous, just super easy. The SNES trilogy is good too. Solid Capcpom there.

Such a great game. Still my favorite of the all the Sonics

1 Like

Setting myself a monthly spend budget is helping me focus on stuff I want rather than just grabbing things because they are cheap.
Just under £42 spent this month (within my £50 budget)

4 Likes

Arrrived yesterday…

3 Likes

Castle of Illusion is so good. Ive always thought the game had a creepy vibe to it and it’s one of my favorite games on the Genesis.

1 Like

Yup think so. I have it but haven’t played through it on GG yet so not sure if it’s 100% identical, but it looks like the same version.

1 Like

not a bad hail for day 1 here in japan!
almost bought an AES at ikebukuro super potato, may yet grab one in Osaka tomorrow if its there - i just want a classic Neo Geo with a stick and flashcart down the road

also hitting Sega fan fest on sunday, ill post any good swag i get!

10 Likes

That’s a damn nice haul!

Loved the Super NT, looking forward to setting up later!

13 Likes

Got the branded SD card too. Nice touch👌🏻

1 Like

Have fun out there dude!

1 Like

Nice! Welcome to RGB!

I rarely post in this thread, but… recently I was sent a loose SFC cart instead of a boxed game so I just had to file a partial return/refund via Amazon. If the price was low I wouldn’t mind, but the price was quite high. Higher than all the PS1 games.

Picked up a Crystal Xbox tonight with a bunch of extras for $100 snowbucks ($75 USD).

The lady was selling her grandson’s stuff, and described the xbox as “the game”, the games as “xbox cases”, and the controllers as “the adapters”.

Anyway, it’s all in nice shape, but dirty. The controllers are all pretty well used, so I’ll have to fix them up a bit, but they all work well.

All the games have manuals, except the two rental specials, and there was a bonus Hot Shots Golf 2 in the drive. Overall pretty crappy games, but it’s nice to have SFIV and the Genesis Collection.

My old xbox wasn’t reading discs correctly, the drive bay kept sticking, and it has some major audio issues.

3 Likes

I have the same special edition Xbox. Mostly good news but some bad

Good:

• Has high quality caps inside that you don’t need to worry about leaking for the forseeable future
  • It’s a 1.6 revision and doesn’t have the time cap that everyone warns about
  • Samsung dvd drive included which is more reliable
  • Looks really nice

Bad:

• 1.6 revs have a couple very minor incompatibilities, stuff like 480p causing Panzer Dragoon Orta to crash unless you use a workaround
  • You can’t do a tsop bios mod, so you may want to consider a modchip if a softmod isn’t enough (I had issues getting a larger hard disk to work before putting in a modchip)
  • The drive tray will still stick shut… you can repair it or just try a few times and wiggle the tray.

Hopefully the controllers are in good condition. One thing I noticed is over time the rubber on the analogs really likes to crack and split but thankfully it’s pretty easy to replace with parts off ebay/aliexpress.

3 Likes

Interesting about the mod compatibility… In that case it may be worth my troubles to move my Xecutor 3 over to it from my original xbox. I would really like to get a decent size SSD running in there with an IDE to SATA adapter.

I’m not really worried about Panzer Dragoon, as I play exclusively on my CRT in 480i or lower.

I do plan on replacing the thumbsticks on all the controllers. They’re not cracked or anything, but they’re all worn down pretty good.

Thanks for the tips!